Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
QA Engineer 4
12-24 month contract
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has an urgent need for temple worthy church members who are experienced software engineers.
The Missionary Work portfolio in ICS works on very wide range of applications that affect the global business and mission of the Church. We work in a fast-paced, agile, cutting-edge work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The engineer will conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. The engineer drafts, revises, and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy.
We are looking for someone who has sound and broad QA domain knowledge and skills working with complex applications and database schemas. Expertise with both "white box” and "black box” testing is needed. The candidate must be very proactive in seeking solutions to challenges whether they require code changes, database changes, or architecture changes.
We want somebody who will be helping create technologies that missionaries will use.
Our engineers lead the Quality Assurance effort on every project and take part in all the decisions concerning project scope, direction, readiness, architecture, etc. They demonstrate ownership, accountability, and commitment to their projects.
Our engineers are much more than "testers” who have used "record and play” software. We are looking for skilled, seasoned software professionals who are excited to learn and who have the experience to bring new ideas and practices to our team.
We need technology experts in many areas, including:
• Web based applications
• Load / Performance / Fault Tolerance testing
• Security testing
• SQL Databases
• Programming languages such as C#, Java
Our engineers work with different programming languages and source tools. They need to know how to choose the best tools, or if one is not available, to create his or her own. They need to be eager to break software quickly and have the expertise to focus on the most important and critical areas.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field.
• 6-8 years of relevant industry experience
• Execute the vision, direction, and discipline of Quality Assurance within the team
• Demonstrated small team leadership ability and expertise with major products
• Provide timely Quality Assurance metrics on a weekly basis
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Assess risk, identify service and system dependencies, and test for robustness and functionality
• Ensure regression test plans are implemented and maintained
• Track record of isolating difficult issues at the subsystem or project level
• Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
• Verifiable knowledge of C# and Java
• Experience testing JAVA APIs and Restful Web Services
• Experience load testing web applications.
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.