Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
QA Engineer 3
12-24 month contract
The Priesthood team, part of the Member Leader Portfolio within Information Communication Services (ICS), is looking for a mid-level Quality Assurance Engineer to perform testing on multiple sections of www.lds.org including General Conference, Scriptures, Magazines, Manuals, Study Notebook and many more. Our current code stack includes NoSQL Databases (MarkLogic), Node.js and React/Redux. We are seeking someone with a strong QA background but also someone who knows their way around the code and can write scripts and tests to automate where appropriate. We seek an engineer who will push our testing forward and is eager to learn and improve. You'll work mostly independently on your team but will regularly meet and consult with ten or more other QA engineers from neighboring teams, as you learn from and teach one another.
The QA Engineer 3 has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decisions. He/she conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy. Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow. Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing. Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved.
· Primary responsibility is to write automation test code (60% of time)
· Secondary responsibility is to perform manual testing (40% of time)
· Execute the vision, direction, and discipline of Quality Assurance within the group/ team
· Write significant areas of test automation code in the Selenium framework and in the TestNG framework, automating the tests for a web user interface as well as for RESTful web service interfaces
· Ability to understand and identify the root causes of problems; ability to think abstractly on how solve these problems
· Participate with the test lead to identify the test methodologies and test harness that the team will use
· Execute on a team using the methods of Scrum
· Develop and maintain up-to-date industry skills in quality assurance and test automation Understand and teach others in the group and in the department the processes and technologies, as well as the appropriate areas in which they should be applied
· Determine creative, innovative, and cost-effective ways to meet requirements and deliverables
· Work as an effective team member, producing the best out of each engineer through example
· Embody a high degree of motivation and can instill this quality in others
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
§ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, closely related field or equivalent experience.
§ 4-6 years of relevant experience.
§ Ability to write testing automation and scripts, including writing smoke tests and functional tests
§ Experience in testing Web APIs, Restful Web Services, and Web/Rich Client applications
§ Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
§ Extensive experience in both UI and N-Tier data center products; including experience in testing low level systems
§ Experience in testing systems for scalability, fault tolerance, load, and other operational areas for a data center based service is beneficial
§ Excellent communication and teamwork skills
§ Experienced in testing products in an Agile development life cycle
§ History of learning and adapting quickly
§ Empirical, analytical, engineering mindset
§ Self-starter and an independent worker
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.