Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
QA Engineer 4-Contingent
12-24 month contract
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has an urgent need for temple-worthy church members who are experienced software engineers.
The Missionary Work portfolio in ICS provides a wide range of applications that affect the global business and mission of the Church. We work in a fast-paced, agile, cutting-edge work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The Quality Assurance Engineer 4 is responsible for testing products, applications and solutions, and reviews progress with management. Typically, they provide the leadership for the other quality assurance engineers supporting the product. They understand and communicate the non-functional requirements which are necessary for successful product operation.
This role consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This individual also makes recommendations for new procedures, and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. The candidate must be very proactive in seeking solutions to challenges whether they require code changes, database changes, or architecture changes.
Our engineers lead the Quality Assurance effort on every project and take part in all of the decisions concerning project scope, direction, readiness, architecture, etc. They demonstrate ownership, accountability, and commitment to their projects.
We are looking for skilled, seasoned software professionals who are excited to learn and who have the experience to bring new ideas and practices to our team.
A QA Engineer 4 will execute the vision, direction, and discipline of Quality Assurance within the team by:
· Managing defect management systems and prioritizing defects accurately
· Driving the creation, maintenance and use of test case management tools and security testing tools within a project group, interpreting results and implementing changes
· Creating and communicating testing procedures and expectations related to metric reporting across multiple teams, leadership and stakeholders
· Implementing test procedure based on identified risks
· Driving the creation, maintenance and use of tools within a project group and implementing changes that support changes in system performance management
· Managing all aspects of quality assurance involvement in the release process, including expectations around reports, regression execution, communication, impact assessments etc.
· Assessing risk, identifying service and system dependencies, and testing for robustness and functionality
· Ensuring regression test plans are implemented and maintained
· Reviewing code from other QA and Dev Engineers
· Performing root cause analysis and providing feedback
· Determining creative, innovative, and cost-effective ways to meet requirements and deliverables
· Working as an effective team member, producing the best out of each engineer through example
Our engineers work with different programming languages and source tools. They need to know how to choose the best tools, or if one is not available, to create his or her own. They need to be eager to break software quickly and have the expertise to focus on the most important and critical areas.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
· Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
· 6+ years of relevant experience
· Proven proficiency with tools needed to test Java API's and/or RESTful Web Services and/or Web Applications and/or database-level persistence
· Demonstrated team leadership and expertise with major products
· Experience testing cloud based applications in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery in a service oriented architecture preferred
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Track record of isolating difficult issues at the subsystem or project level
· Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
· Verifiable knowledge of the applicable technical systems and functions
Experience in testing products in an Agile development life cycle.
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.