Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer-Contingent
12-24 month contract
The DevOps Engineer works in a leadership role on tasks and assignments from a Software Development Manager, Director or tasks that he/she creates. This position requires vast knowledge of industry best practices, Church policies and good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing, defining, developing, testing, purchasing, implementing, and analyzing of technical products and systems of diverse scope. This candidate is responsible for technical excellence in architecture, design, implementation, and on-going engineering support of the Church's technology applications.
Work with team members in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best practices.
As a member of a software engineering team, participate in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities.
Estimate the time and effort to develop and deploy quarterly team objectives.
Participate and contribute in identifying architectural and design solutions.
Self-directed, or class room instruction, in the areas of Church software development processes and industry DevOps methodologies.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field (Masters degree preferred), or equivalent experience.
Experience: 8 to 10 years of relevant experience. Must be able to create, communicate, and work toward accomplishing an overall technical vision.
• Demonstrate proficiency in writing build and deployment automations.
• Know how in maintaining and debugging systems in Java runtime environment.
• Have a good grasp of Linux systems, networking and security.
• Have a thorough understanding of cloud based architectures.
• Experience managing source in git (GitHub ops, branching, merging, etc.) a big plus.
• Experience in cluster management/orchestration software.
• Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools like Splunk is a plus.
• Experience with tools such as Docker and Docker based deployments is a plus.
• Experience with MS SQL server.
• Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby), Python experience highly preferred.
• Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.
• Experience with Puppet, Chef, Salt or configuration management systems desirable.
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.