Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Mobile QA Engineer 3-Contingent
The Member Leader Portfolio at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is seeking a mid-level Quality Assurance engineer to join our team on contract. The qualified candidate will work with a team to actively perform test activities for our native iOS and Android apps with an emphasis on writing automated tests. This role will lean heavily on your experience with test automation, as you will be responsible for guiding us toward an automated future for our native apps. Development experience is preferred.
As a QA engineer, we challenge you to stay apprised and seek out the latest trends and best practices in the mobile testing realm for us to iterate on. Candidate must be an experienced Agile practitioner while championing its quality aspects so our collaborative team releases the best apps possible! You will work with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or demonstrate applicable experience
· Excellent knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
· Software engineering experience in both front end and back end development is preferred
· Experience with TV platforms a plus: Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Smart TVs
· At least 5 years of QA testing with an emphasis in Native Apps including Functional/UI, REST APIs, and Device Farms (SauceLabs/AWS Device Farm) - Mobile QA testing experience preferred
· At least 3 years of hands-on development while utilizing excellent QA automation techniques for Native Apps which include CI, scalability, maintainability and integration with reporting tools (ie: GIT, Jenkins, Gradle, CA/Rally, ReportPortal.io)
· Core working knowledge of development languages and tools (ie. Xcode, Swift, Java, Groovy) and modern open source tools (ie. Appium, Selenium, Crashlytics, EarlGrey, XCTest, UI Automator, Espresso)
· Excel in an Agile/Scrum culture to ensure quality deliverables are met while also focusing deliberately on evolving the quality & release cycle practices
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) with peers as well as product and business owners --- Teamwork!
· Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and optimized time management skills
· US citizenship or an existing work visa is required
· Proactively own QA tasks, such as test planning, assessing for automation candidates, data mining, load testing, manual and/or automated test maintenance and execution throughout the Sprint
· Perform QA reporting to include coverage, execution status, and traceability to User Stories for multiple types of testing (ie. story, functional, regression, smoke)
· Develop, execute, and maintain automated scripts and their framework for our Native App platforms (Apple, Android, potentially Set-top)
· Excel throughout our Agile Scrum process from ensuring testing needs are defined and estimated to advising product owners on production readiness
· Leverage Continuous Integration (CI) environment for test builds and suite execution, including monitoring and troubleshooting scripts and reporting
· Maintain version control and in-line documentation for test automation
· Leverage your excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills while maintaining a "can do” personality and your drive to constantly expand your knowledge and skills
· Be a proactive, action-oriented, self-directed leader for all QA aspects pertaining to our Native Apps, including showing us your passion for the latest trends and best practices to consider
· Share your expert talents and collaborate with engineering, product, design and customer relation teams
· Take pride in releasing quality code and knowing millions enjoy your work
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.