Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
LOCATION: Boston, MA
TITLE: DevOps Engineer
Location will be on-site in Boston office.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a cross-matrixed team responsible as an individual contributor, bridging the gap between application development and IT operations teams by owning and driving cloud infrastructure, code deployments, continuous integration, and production support in an Agile Method.
• Identify areas of opportunities and drive solutions with application development product teams.
• Design, deploy and own automation tools needed to provide an outstanding customer experience.
• Assist in software architecture design and deployment methodologies within the MHE cloud framework.
• Keep abreast of new technologies.
• Engage with MHE IT operations to ensure cost efficiency and operational alignment with our business strategy for product delivery.
• Collaborate with development teams and support organizations to create sustainable product architectures, software deployment methods, new metric and reporting techniques, and accurate capacity plans.
• Amazon Web Services – Five plus years of experience – Design, implementation and support.
• Puppet Automation – Five plus years of experience – Design, implementation and support.
• JIRA – Five plus years of experience – Design, implementation and support.
• Confluence – Three plus years of experience – Design, implementation and support.
• Github – Three plus years of experience – Design, implementation and support.
• Jenkins – Five plus years of experience – Design, implementation and support.
• Linux (specifically CentOS and RHEL 5.5 and higher) – Seven plus years of experience.
• Apache – Five plus years of experience.
• RDS Replication Techniques – Five plus years of experience.
• Redis and Memcached Caching Technologies – Three plus years of experience.
• Ruby and Python Scripting – Three plus years of experience.
• PHP – Three plus years of experience.
• Software release process best practices.
• Software development lifecycle experience (especially with Java based software).
• Extremely detailed oriented.
• Excellent planning skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent documentation skills.• Two plus years of AWS experience.
• Five plus years of management experience supporting a 24x7 software portfolio.
• Experience working in a fast paced software environment.
• Clear understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies.
• Excellent blend of technology and business skills.
• Exceptional people management, interpersonal and team building skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical reasoning skills.
• Excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in managing operations and projects with multiple models of delivery (in-house, managed service, outsourced).
• Demonstrated experience in disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
• Knowledge of UNIX based operating systems (CentOS, RKPIManagedHat Linux 6.x) is required.
• Knowledge of Web Application servers (Apache, Weblogic / Tomcat) is required.
• Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL systems (Aurora, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift) is a plus.
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g. Docker) technologies is a plus.
The candidate must be extremely technical and understand many different Platforms including Java, Messaging Systems, Node.js, RDBMS, NoSql, and Caching Technologies. Deep knowledge of automation systems including software deployment, release management, different environment types, complete application lifecycle management, product development life cycles, PaaS and IaaS will also be considered. Deep understanding of KPI statistics and the ability to comprehend deployment architectures that scale systems to extreme levels is required.
This role is responsible for availability and scalability of our applications. Usage of our digital products is growing in double digits – this makes this role very critical to the success of our organization and our revenue growth. This person will work with various cross-functional teams like Network, Security, Software, Business Units Senior Management
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.