Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
TITLE: DevOps Director
LOCATION: Boston, MA
DURATION: 6 months contract to hire w/client
• Taking partner centric approach, develop and manage enterprise infrastructure architecture and support services by partnering with internal and external teams - keeping them aligned with business objectives. Ensure high availability and security of all the digital products. Align enterprise infrastructure architecture with corporate vision and practices.
• Manage Multiple environments, 3rd party integrations and lives continuous process improvement using automation, monitoring and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the releases through the environments with different teams and adopting industry trends for innovation.
• Plan, develop, implement and maintain Service Level Agreement (SLA)/Operational Level Agreements with internal and external teams. Manage operational and support management including escalation and incident management procedures and execution.
• Prepare and track infrastructure operational and capital budgets. Manage 3rd party contracts and vendor relationships for tools and services used within the infrastructure.
• Partner with cross-functional technology teams (software, security, network, security, etc.) to mature in-house cloud infrastructure projects and software development life cycle by applying industry best practices. Develop a high performing cloud architecture/support team that compliments software architects in delivering highly available solutions for internal and external customers.
• Develop process around change management, capacity planning, proactive monitoring, and reporting.
• Develop and manage a virtual team responsible for infrastructure architecture and support focusing on driving best-practice standards, technology life-cycle management and future state direction.
• Provide leadership during production support issues in order to minimize impact on the customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, MBA a plus, or equivalent work experience.
• Five plus years of experience in enterprise infrastructure utilizing the Unix / Linux Technologies.
• Two plus years of AWS experience.
• Five plus years of management experience supporting a 24x7 software portfolio.
• Experience working in a fast paced software environment.
• Clear understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies.
• Excellent blend of technology and business skills.
• Exceptional people management, interpersonal and team building skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical reasoning skills.
• Excellent documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience in managing operations and projects with multiple models of delivery (in-house, managed service, outsourced).
• Demonstrated experience in disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
• Knowledge of UNIX based operating systems (CentOS, RedHat Linux 6.x) is required.
• Knowledge of Web Application servers (Apache, Weblogic / Tomcat) is required.
• Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL systems (Aurora, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift) is a plus.
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g. Docker) technologies is a plus.
The candidate must be extremely technical and understand many different Platforms including Java, Messaging Systems, Node.js, RDBMS, NoSql, and Caching Technologies. Deep knowledge of automation systems including software deployment, release management, different environment types, complete application lifecycle management, product development life cycles, PaaS and IaaS will also be considered. Deep understanding of KPI statistics and the ability to comprehend deployment architectures that scale systems to extreme levels is required.
This role is responsible for availability and scalability of our applications. Usage of our digital products is growing in double digits – this makes this role very critical to the success of our organization and our revenue growth. This person will work with various cross-functional teams like Network, Security, Software, Business Units Senior Management
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.