Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client is evolving into the public cloud and is seeking a transformational Cloud engineer. As a member of the team you will participate with groups that are responsible for the overall strategy, architecture and design of the client enterprise cloud. We are seeking a motivated individual with a drive to be on the cutting edge while helping change the culture of IT towards a more nimble and agile methodology leveraging next generation cloud technology platforms. You will have breadth across technology stacks while leveraging a deep hands skillset evaluating and recommending solutions in partnership with engineering and development teams throughout the organization. You will be asked to provide guidance across network, storage, management, and virtualization teams. Technology focus will involve both on premise and external cloud environments. Additional emphasis will be on container strategies and ecosystems such as Docker and Kubernetes supporting the clients rapidly increasing data and compute requirements. Technology governance and control are foundational elements to this strategy and this position will play a key role in laying that foundation.
• 4-5 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data) with a proven track-record implementing in large scale environments.
• Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models.
• Ability to script in JSON, Java
• Understanding of Terraform, GIT, ansible playbooks and cloud templating
• 2-3 years of experience with VMware VRealize suite including blueprints, orchestrator and Business Suite.
Ability to work and communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on internal engineering teams, software development teams and strategic vendors.
• Ability to create top notch business cases for new technology proposals
• Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models.
• Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
• Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
• Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
• Hands on experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
• Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
• Scripting and / or programming experience of configuration management tools such as Puppet & Ansible
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
• Experience with build tools, CI/CD, Devops and agile principles
• Experience building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
• Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
• Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities Qualifications
• B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other technical discipline
• Collaborate cross functionally to develop our target state cloud architecture and supporting organization model along with the platform roadmap required to achieve that target state.
• Define multiyear platform strategy adjusting to new technologies and requirements as they evolve.
• Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
• Executes POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
• Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
• Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
• Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
• Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied to our Cloud offering.
• Stay current with IAAS & PAAS trends and incorporate emerging technology to benefit the platform.
• Research, test and understand the value of a containerized cloud
Apply by creating/using an account