Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Apple Genius and active directory is a big key
Apple MAC This requires an engineer Some one who knows the MAC inside and out
Primary responsibility for Desktop Support, laptop, mobile devices, software, Network connectivity. Specialists will support customers directly onsite and remote. Windows environments, MAC a plus.
Core hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
Desktop support specialists are in charge of providing excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues. One of their main duties is troubleshooting different software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals. Additionally, desktop support specialists configure computer systems according to company policies. They must follow strict privacy regulations when it comes to handling sensitive data inside company drives. They help diagnose problems and follow up to ensure their resolution.
Additional tasks include performing regular maintenance and updating operating systems while minimizing downtime and increasing productivity. They also help with data back-up duties in case of data corruption. You must have experience working in a Corporate Professional office environment with other specialists and use a personal computer as one of their main tools to report their progress and research possible solutions.
Desktop support specialists must work well with other specialists, including with sharing company resources. They need to work effectively on their own as well and be detail oriented. They must be able to multitask and work under deadlines to complete support tickets. They should have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical problems and instructions to end users in terms that are easy to understand.
A bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field is necessary for this position. Additional industry certifications and customer oriented working experience may be preferred. They should have advanced knowledge of different operating systems and network solutions.
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer support issues onsite and remote
• Ensure support tickets are resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreements and customer policy / procedures
• Configure hardware / software to customer specifications
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities with processes / support issues.
• Create support documents as required.
• Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
• Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Work with a variety of computer images for Windows and Mac OS systems.
• Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
• Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
• Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
• Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
• Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Maintain asset inventory
• Employees are responsible for familiarizing themselves with and complying with all client policies, procedures, and standards including those dealing with information security (ISMS). Specifically, employees are also responsible for reporting any Security violations to their site's Security Coordinator or the Director of Information Security. ISMS training will be provided to new employees and periodically to all employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Apply by creating/using an account