Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Intermediate Designer | University Interiors
Our client provides facilities and construction services to one of this country's leading universities. Their valued expertise provides leadership to manage capital projects from design through to construction and delivery phases for both new construction and renovations. They function as the liaison between the university department sponsoring the project and the rest of the project team, including engineers, designers, architects and construction professionals. Our client also provides the interior design and furniture planning in all the buildings. In addition to leading a project team and monitoring a project's progress, many contribute specialized sustainability knowledge and have been recognized as LEED accredited professionals.
Our client is seeking an Intermediate Designer with at least eight years of experience to assist other designers in Facilities & Construction with interior design and furniture layout. Need for an excellent knowledge of furniture layout, specification and installation. University or higher education experience is desired. Design as well as client experience is desired. The right candidate should have some strong skills in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
• Drafting and sketching space and furniture layouts.
• Managing furniture projects directly including meeting with clients to understand objectives and creating design options.
• Serving as point of contact for written and verbal communication to coordinate work with external vendors and internal workers, including data wiring and audio video system technicians, and internal resources such as electrical, carpentry, etc.
• Creating documentation necessary to support design solutions including drawings, product specifications, schedules and purchase order preparation.
• Coordinating and tracking furniture punch list items in coordination with project manager.
• Computer skills include Microsoft Office and AutoCAD 2D
BS/BA in Construction, Architecture or Interior Design
Hourly rate commensurate with level of experience.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please attach your resume and portfolio samples using one of our Application options on the webpage above - 1) Apply By Email Without Registering, or 2) Apply By Creating/Using Your Account. You may also use our email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Refer-a-Friend Program
Apply by creating/using account
Sign up for a Confidential Job Board Agent (Alert) or Job Board RSS Feed
Our confidential Job Board Alert will send you an Email when we post a new job that meets your specified criteria -
Allowing you to passively use the job board for positions without you having to return to our website each day. Click "Sign Up for Job Agent" above.
Or add our newest jobs tab to your favorites bar with an RSS feed above.
Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved