Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We are currently seeking a Specifications Writer to join our team. As a Specifications Writer, you are responsible for developing detailed project specifications and assists project team in coordinating contract documents.
· Reviews drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinates compliance with project requirements, institutional guidelines, standards, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations and codes.
· Understands the project design requirements and translates those requirements into materials, methods, equipment, procedures, installation, and certification testing necessary to provide the narrative descriptions which are used to procure, install and erect building components.
· Prepare and review the procurement and contracting requirements, including the Division 1 General Requirement sections.
· Reviews LEED scorecard and provides knowledgeable input on material product selection for LEED certification. Provides project budget input related to product and system value choices regarding cost versus quality.
· Performs product research; assists project designers with material selection and system research.
· Provides quality management reviews and technical advice in design development through construction document phases.
· Acts as a risk management resource to other project leaders.
· Develops and maintains relationships with vendors.
· Provides continual development and improvement of Master Specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content
· Responsible for integration of specifications into the buildingSMART initiative.
· Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
· Fosters a culture of external and internal client service.
· Assists project managers with review and coordination of project agreements relative to professional service and general condition issues.
· Assists project architects and project designers with material and system constructability analysis.
· Assists project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
· Coordinates and reviews consultant technical specifications for conformance with standards.
· Participates in project life cycle cost analysis
· Maintains technical resource library and list of technical resource contacts.
· Archives technical files to ensure consistent project milestone documentation.
· May conduct internal specifications training.
· Participates in developing and improving document standards and best practice procedures.
· Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
· Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules.
· Strong knowledge of building envelope components, interior plans and material requirements of all building and facility types. Advanced knowledge in one or more types such as Laboratory, Courthouse, Justice, and/or Healthcare specifications preferred.
· Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
· Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
· Proficiency in specifications software programs such as e-SPECS preferred.
· Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Proficiency in Newforma.
· Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated Project Manual.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 8 years in architectural practice with prior experience in specifications development.
· Registered Architect with current license preferred.
· NCARB registration preferred.
· LEED credentials required within 6 months of employment.
· Construction Specifications Institute Certification preferred.
Apply by creating/using account
Sign up for a Confidential Job Board Agent (Alert) or Job Board RSS Feed
Our confidential Job Board Alert will send you an Email when we post a new job that meets your specified criteria -
Allowing you to passively use the job board for positions without you having to return to our website each day. Click "Sign Up for Job Agent" above.
Or add our newest jobs tab to your favorites bar with an RSS feed above.
Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved