Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Department: Clinical Location: Southwest Michigan to include Kalamazoo, Berrien Center, and Lawrence
Reports To: Vice President of Clinical Services
Position Summary: Exciting Opportunity to be on the ground floor as new settings open within our customer. Help inform the culture of gentleness based environments as we establish these homes for residents with Serious Mental Illness or Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities. Customer is opening a variety of homes throughout the Southeast Michigan region .
Self starters desired as the job will require traveling between our various home setting to providing case management and clinical services so the right person for the job will need to be able to prioritize among a variety of resident needs. Masters required in human services licensure as an LMSW, LLP or LPC required. Limited licenses will be considered. Mileage is reimbursed.
Aligned with the goals and mission of the organization, performing with the core values of the organization – Equality, Respect and Excellence, and in compliance with The Joint Commission, Community Mental Health (CMH) and other governing bodies, the position is responsible for providing clinical services to clients and residents served by Customer. Clinical supervision of staff to ensure safe and quality clinical treatment and care.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Working Manager/Therapist; 75% working clinician 25% supervisory position
In addition to the clinical duties listed below, supervisory duties will includes:
· Provide support to VP of clinical services in supervision of clinical team
· Help facilitate implementation of evidenced based practices including DBT and run DBT consultation group
· Review treatment plans to assure appropriateness
· Oversee resident care and provide consultation to other clinical staff
Clinician Duties to include;
· Coordinates and monitors resident treatment planning.
· Conduct individual and group therapy using evidenced based practices (Eg. Seeking Safety and DBT)
· Facilitates WRAP groups for clients
· Debriefs Customer staff and clients.
· Completes Biopsychosocial assessments
· Provides clinical services to Customer clients according to the scope(s) of practice assigned.
· Responds to crisis situations.
· Evaluates causes and implements changes strategies when adverse incidents occur.
· Provides clinical support to Customer
· Coordinate with Community Mental Health and other service agencies
· Face to face contact with clients.
· Participates in performance improvement activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
· Adheres to Customer Core Values, Mission Statement, and Corporate Philosophies.
· Performs On-Call as required.
Education & Qualifications:
· Master's degree in a clinical discipline required.
· Possess Michigan license in a behavioral healthcare discipline. (LLP, LLPC, LLMSW, or LMSW. LMSW preferred)
· Minimum of 1-2 years of clinical experience, may include practicum and internship experience.
· Experience with both mentally ill and intellectually disabled adult populations is preferred. Experience with geriatric populations is a plus.
· Approved by state, federal and government entities to work within customer programs.
· Experience using an electronic record systems and Microsoft Office.
· Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally.
· Ability to complete required training in connection with The Joint Commission, CMH's and other government bodies.
· Must possess a valid Driver's License.
· Proficient in speaking, writing and reading the English language.
Physical Job Requirements:
· Exposure to infections disease.
· Potential for physical aggression from residents exists.
· Ability to lift files, open drawers and bend or stand as necessary.
· Ability to lift and / or move up to 10 pounds.
· Travel required to visit Customer facilities.
· Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
Work is performed at home-like setting or community facilities with the potential of exposure to infectious disease. Universal precautions are required to minimize the risk of infections. Work sites may include locations that are not barrier-free. Duties are performed in an environment where there is a potential for physical aggression from residents.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply by creating/using account