Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
EG has a 1st shift opportunity in Dowagiac to work with a leader in the manufacturing of automotive precision components. If you feel you meet the below requirements, apply today at egnow.com!
Position: Maintenance Technician
Pay: $18 - $25 / hour
Shift: Monday through Friday 6 am - 4:30
Type: 90 day temp to hire - Will consider direct hire for the right candidate!
*** Automatically eligible to apply for the Apprenticeship Program!
WHY WORK WITH EG?:
EG Workforce Solutions is one of the fastest growing workforce solutions organizations in North America. We deliver game-changing initiatives. EG has over 50 years of experience Helping People Succeed. We offer competitive benefits, weekly pay, and holiday pay.
The Maintenance Mechanic position is a full time position that reports to the Maintenance Manager. A Maintenance Mechanic should be able to differentiate between mechanical, electrical, and setup issues and perform the necessary repairs to correct any mechanical problems or abnormalities.
1. Troubleshoot and repair Mechanical problems with Autocam Corporation’s production, quality and inspection equipment.
• Be able to quickly isolate what the problem is and what is causing it
• Utilize proper lock-out tag-out procedures
• Decide what the permanent corrective action is be able to implement that change
• Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings to identify parts needed to perform repair
2. Moving, positioning and commissioning of equipment.
• Be able to read a layout blueprint and position a machine according to that blueprint, following all applicable OSHA and MIOSHA Safety rules and building codes.
• Understand workflow and 5S principles and be able to spot problems that may adversely affect these principles when placing machinery
• Be able to work safely and well in a group environment moving heavy machinery
• Be able to acquire licenses for equipment needed for the moving of machinery. Lift truck, man-lift, articulating lifts, cranes etc.
3. Continuous Improvement implementations
• Be able to assess the mechanical feasibility of a Continuous Improvement suggestion
• Be able to make machine modifications to implement these Continuous improvements
4. Be able to fabricate minor machine parts, guards and other items as necessary
• Be able to run basic machines need to fabricate parts. Welder, torches, mill, drillpress, bandsaw, etc.
• Be able to perform basic machine building functions. Painting, plumbing sheet metal work etc.
5. Ability to repair and rebuild basic machine repair parts as necessary
• Knowledge of basic machine principles necessary to repair/rebuild valves, cylinders, pumps, clutches etc.
Education: HS diploma or GED
Must have solid work history and detailed resume for interview consideration
If this sounds like your next career, please aspply online at www.egnow.com or send your resume to Andrea Kaye at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by creating/using account