Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The client's Storage Team is looking for an engaged and solutions-driven Storage Engineer for our team to architect dynamic environments in support of high-performing business models. We welcome all self-starters with excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate on a diverse range of ongoing projects. Cloud experience is essential. This is a Senior Storage Engineer position with On-Call.
• Design & Implement, enhance and administer the EMC, Hitachi, Netapp and Cloud storage infrastructure.
• Enhance, maintain, and administer the current Avamar and Data Domain infrastructure systems.
• Consolidate and migrate storage and backup infrastructure.
• Recommend and implement system upgrades, enhancements, installations, and configurations.
• Develop and maintain Storage and Backup infrastructure documentation including architecture diagrams, metrics, and operating procedures.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical designs to meet business needs.
• Responsible for recommending and implementing Storage and Backup standards and administration best practices.
• Troubleshoot problems with support vendors to find solutions to complex problems. Conduct root cause analysis.
• Investigate, resolve and implement process improvements to existing systems and associated procedures.
• Enforce company's infrastructure architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
• Maintain the security of backup environment so that it is "audit ready” at all times. This includes both SOX and PCI requirements.
• 7 years' real-time experience managing and maintaining Storage and Backup Technologies in a large datacenter environment.
• Advanced technical knowledge and experience with EMC, Hitachi and NetApp storage systems. This includes both a strong understanding of hosting file & block and disaster recovery replication concepts and techniques.
• Experience with SAN attached storage, Cisco and Brocade Directors along with extensive knowledge on SAN Extension, FCIP, IVR, Vsan, NPIV, FCoE etc.
• Experience and good knowledge in Cloud technologies and able to recommend and integrate it into existing infrastructure.
• Experience and extensive knowledge on SAN, Storage and Backup migrations.
• Experience with one or more of the following is required: Avamar backup technology, Symantec's NetBackup, EMC Data Domain.
• Able to architect and implement new storage and backup solutions.
• Experience and good understanding of VMware, Linux, SunOS, Windows etc.
• Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience.
• Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Ability to lead major business processes that have impact beyond immediate functional discipline.
• Possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, mitigating production outages
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• Set and deliver results on objectives that have a significant impact within the context of wide operational areas
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies. Passion for learning.
• Contributes to the development of company objectives
• Influences others as well as has an influential impact on strategic initiatives
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Apply by creating/using account