Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Essential Job Functions:
• Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship
• Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
• Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
o Document business processes and workflows
o Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
o Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
o Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects
• Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements
• Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution
• Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
• Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
• Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
• Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
• Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
• Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
• Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Masters degree in Finance
• Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of relevant technical and business work experience
• Experience in defining and implementing technology solutions for a major financial institution
• Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution
• Extensive experience with implementing a similar system
• Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support
• Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies
• Experience with BPM tools like iGrafix ,PEGA and Cordys is a plus
• Experience in requirements management tools like Client-ALM, MS TFS, Case Complete is essential
Certification Requirements: None.
• Knowledge of products like Bonds (PV and Structured), MBS, ABS, Repos/Reverse Repos, Futures, Options, Swaptions etc including understanding of trade life cycle events from an investment and capital market perspective.
• Familiarity with the settlement and accounting process associated with the above products
• Good understanding of enterprise risks and its various components including market and credit risks, PFE, CVA.
• Understanding of pre and post trade compliance, ratings functionality including information available from the 3 rating agencies, counterpart limit settings
• Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
• Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them
• Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices
• Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
• Critically analyze requirements and ensure completeness from a quality requirement view point.
• Ability to identify data needs, quality rules and lineage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
• Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
• Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
• Experience of having worked in an Enterprise Data Management project
• Understanding of Data Governance process and ability to identify data quality issues.
• Knowledge and experience in COTS implementation as BA on COTS projects like Summit, Murex, Calypso etc
• Knowledge of project management
Apply by creating/using an account