Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
· We are looking for a creative problem solver to fill a role as a Senior Infrastructure Systems Engineer on our Sustaining Operations team. In this position you will be the lead engineer for our Altiris systems management system.
· We are centralizing the oversight and management of functions like patching, inventory, auditing, and software deployment for our server infrastructure, and are looking for the right individual to help us implement a solid and repeatable set of processes that will still allow for flexibility in both the scheduling and the execution of these functions by the broader operations staff.
· Additionally, this engineer will be responsible for the deployment, management and upkeep of the server infrastructure underlying the system, ensuring that the system has adequate geographic coverage to support the target server. population.
Role Scope / Deliverables:
· Maintenance and management of Symantec ITMS Management Suite 8/8.1 with a focus on Patch Management, Software Management, Inventory and CMDB Solutions
· Creation of Managed Software Delivery policies with a strong understanding of detection and applicability rules to insure proper targeting
· Creation of custom data classes used with Inventory solution to gather data not included in default inventory
· Maintenance and management of the server infrastructure supporting Symantec ITMS
· Working with application and server "owners” to create appropriate collections, establish regular patching schedules, and ensure appropriate delegation of rights to manage the software/patch deployments.
· Working with our Information Security teams to create and provide regular reports to show security compliance. Assisting with any special ad-hoc requests as needed for individual events.
· Sets and enforces standards, policies and operational practices around the deployment of system software and security patches. Ensures that all such standards are documented, available and
used by the Operations staff.
· Provide training to the Operations staff as needed on use of the system; will be responsible for writing and publishing Knowledge Base articles and FAQ's as needed.
· Provides guidance, training and mentorship to the junior staff on the Operations teams, helping to develop a knowledgeable and competent staff.
· Five years of prior paid professional experience supporting and maintaining server hardware and operating systems, either Unix/Linux or Windows, in an "enterprise” environment.
· Three years of paid professional experience deploying and maintaining an Altiris/Symantec ITMS Management suite installation in an enterprise environment
· Background and experience working in an enterprise environment with mature Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management processes.
· Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are a hard requirement for this lead position. Must be able to work with and communicate effectively to a broad audience with varying technical backgrounds in a globally diverse business culture.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills with a proven ability to logically work through a problem to its successful resolution.
· Ability to work calmly through high-pressure situations.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other technical field is desired. 3 years of additional direct and applicable professional experience in the IT field may be substituted.
Apply by creating/using account