Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skill set:
SQL Server, MS Access, Tomcat and Apache web servers.
Work assignments are "self-directed " and require that the candidate interface directly with Aerospace Systems business partners along with other stakeholders.
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Directly support resolution of all software related problems within the ME production line for the individual's area of responsibility
• Gather requirements for engineering and manufacturing software support needs from business partners
• Support strategic planning of software tool usage through process development, automation and technology
• Participate in routine maintenance of applications (apply and test patches, update service account passwords, address server and application vulnerabilities, support power outages, facilities moves and other off-shift maintenance activities,
• Support various enterprise initiatives and technology and data center uplifts.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Engineering with a minor in CS with at least 5 years of relevant experience. 3 years of experience will be considered with a Master's degree.
• Demonstrated experience as a software developer supporting information systems within the Aerospace and Defense industry, with an emphasis on engineering and manufacturing/shop floor software applications****
SQL, SQL Server, MS Access, Tomcat and Apache web servers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relational concepts to include a solid background in database and structured query design as applied to Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
* Experience with the Red Hat Linux (or some variant of the Unix OS such as Solaris, AIX or Client-UX) and Windows (both desktop and Server) Operating Systems
* Skilled in the use of the MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to provide on-call support as necessary (business area operates 24x7)
• Proven ability to work effectively whether independently or in cross-functional teams comprised of members representing multiple IT disciplines (can include application developers, database analysts, network engineers, server administrators,
as well as customer representatives and Information Security personnel)
Some prior exposure to / experience with any of the below items will enhance the candidate's ability to perform effectively in his/her job function:
• Basic knowledge of Engineering Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or manufacturing and shop floor processes and business requirements
• Prior experience with or exposure to an Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment within a Fortune 500 company
• Customer service background
* Basic familiarity with Agile software development concepts
• Practical experience with a configuration management tool such as Subversion or Team Foundation Server
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment using Microsoft SharePoint (preferred) or Livelink
Apply by creating/using account