Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Tax Manager - San Francisco, CA
VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We are looking for tax professionals to join our team. With our commitment to anytime/anywhere work, our support of flexible work environments and our passion for health and wellness, our Firm wants people who live their best lives, for themselves and their families.
1. Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
2. Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
3. Delegates, manages, and performs tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
4. Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with larger clients.
5. Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
6. Assists and supervises tax preparers with the more complex business returns.
7. Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the partner.
8. Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firm’s clients.
9. Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
10. Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
11. Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
12. Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
13. Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
14. Participates in firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
1. Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
2. 5+ years of experience performing research and providing quality technical advice.
3. Excellent oral & written communication skills.
4. Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
6. Self starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent, as well as CPA certification
2. Masters of Science degree in Taxation or a J.D. highly preferred for Tax Management Position.
3. Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills, as well as to maintain license requirements.
5 + years of recent experience in public accounting
For immediate consideration please send your Resume/CV to email@example.com
1201 S. Orlando Avenue, Suite 440
Winter Park, FL 32789
T: 407-392-3128 | M: 407-917-7584
As a reminder, we can only represent candidates with recent public accounting experience. Thank you for understanding.
Apply by creating/using an account
To apply, simply click any job title and then click "Apply by email without Registering."
Or, you can call our recruitment team at 800-360-1407. Thank you for your interest in Valintry.