Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Physical Therapy Assistant - PTA Job Description
Physical Therapy Assistant, PTA, needed to work in acute care hospitals, skilled-nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), long term acute care facilities (LTACs) and/or home health care.
Physical Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
• Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
• Assesses patient health by interviewing; performing physical examinations; obtaining and studying therapy histories.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
• Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and JACHO standards; anticipating emerging issues.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances physical therapy and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education: Associates or Bachelor degree
Licensure: Required active
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Single Point of Contact for you - you will not go from person to person.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
• VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – less than 60-minute completion time.
• VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
• VALiNTRYhealth offers Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
Ron Murphy, (972) 370-3040
Apply by creating/using an account
To apply, simply click any job title and then click "Apply by email without Registering."
Or, you can call our recruitment team at 800-360-1407. Thank you for your interest in Valintry.