Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - COTA Job Description
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, COTA, needed to work in acute care hospitals, skilled-nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), long term acute care facilities (LTACs) and/or home health care.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
• Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment.
• Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities to prepare meals or to use public transportation and increase their independence,
• Follows treatment plan developed in collaboration with occupational therapist by teaching techniques, such as, the proper method of moving from a bed into a wheelchair, and the best ways to stretch and limber muscles; monitoring activities to make sure they are performed correctly; providing encouragement, bringing treatment that is not having the intended effect to the attention of the therapist.
• Maintains patient occupational therapy records by recording client's progress.
• Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Serves and protects the occupational therapy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
• Enhances occupational therapy practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education: Associates or Bachelor degree
Licensure: Required active
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Single Point of Contact for you - you will not go from person to person.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
• VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – less than 60-minute completion time.
• VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
• VALiNTRYhealth offers Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
Ron Murphy, (972) 370-3040
Apply by creating/using an account
To apply, simply click any job title and then click "Apply by email without Registering."
Or, you can call our recruitment team at 800-360-1407. Thank you for your interest in Valintry.