Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Respiratory Therapist – RT Job Description
Our client has a contract opportunity for you as a Respiratory Therapist. In this contract role, you will perform respiratory care related procedures in accordance with physician's treatment plan. Assesses patient's condition, administers prescribed therapy and aerosolized medications, observes and records patient's progress and response to therapy modalities including adverse reactions to drugs and therapy.
As a Respiratory Therapist you will:
1. Perform assessment of cardiopulmonary status utilizing physical assessment and history taking skills, laboratory findings, radiological studies of the chest, pulmonary function testing and professional judgment to formulate a respiratory care plan upon the order of a physician.
2. Initiate, administer, and documents all therapy modalities according to departmental procedure and ordered by a physician including: intermittent positive pressure breathing, hand held nebulizer, chest physical therapy modalities, including percussion, vibration, breathing and cough retraining exercises, deep tracheal suctioning, incentive spirometry, sputum induction.
3. Initiates, monitors and maintains life support systems for residents in the skilled nursing facility, including airway care and maintenance, managing artificial ventilator status, maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical ventilators.
4. Initiates, monitors and documents performance of various respiratory care modalities.
5. Administers proper technical respiratory care procedures including dispensing of proper dosage of medication and equipment/devices.
6. Inspects and tests equipment, disassembles, cleans, reassembles equipment as required. Maintains adequate supply of necessary equipment. Performs accurate record keeping, including logs for oxygen, supplies and equipment.
As a Respiratory Therapist you have:
1. Hold a degree from a NBRC approved and accredited program.
2. One year of clinical respiratory therapy practice under medical direction.
3. Current State Licensure for a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
4. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Single Point of Contact for you - you will not go from person to person.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
• VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – less than 60-minute completion time.
• VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
• VALiNTRYhealth offers Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
Apply by creating/using an account
To apply, simply click any job title and then click "Apply by email without Registering."
Or, you can call our recruitment team at 800-360-1407. Thank you for your interest in Valintry.