Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Occupational Therapist - OTR Job Description
Occupational Therapist, OTR, needed to work in acute care hospitals, skilled-nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), long term acute care facilities (LTACs) and/or home health care.
• Evaluates patient's functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.). Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the development of the total plan of care.
• For home health patients who plan to return to work the OT may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization policy.
• Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other organization professionals.
• May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with organization policy.
• May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
• May train patient and family/caregiver in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
• Maintains appropriate clinical records, progress notes, and reports to the physician any changes in the patient's condition. Submits these records in accordance with organization policy.
• Maintains contact/communication with the team in the patient's care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
• Attends meetings as required by organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the organization.
• Instructs and educates patient's/family/caregiver and other team members in patient's treatment regime.
• If necessary, identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
• Supervises COTA according to Organization policy and state regulations.
• Two years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist.
•Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
•Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
VALiNTRYhealth Unique Characteristics:
VALiNTRYhealth is a servant-leadership managed, healthcare organization, with collective experience placing over 10,000 clinical professionals in more than 40 states. We manage our business with a servant-leadership philosophy by ensuring that everything we do in our organization first supports and enriches our patients, clinicians and clients; which ultimately enhances the lives of every individual we serve and work with every day.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a Values-based company; we live by our values – Trust & Integrity, People Service, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability and Transparency.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Single Point of Contact for you - you will not go from person to person.
• VALiNTRYhealth is a National company.
• VALiNTRYhealth has 100% online easy, hiring process – less than 60-minute completion time.
• VALiNTRYhealth provides comprehensive benefits.
• VALiNTRYhealth has a Weekly Pay Cycle – Direct Deposit.
• VALiNTRYhealth offers Travel Housing Stipends / Meal Stipends.
Apply by creating/using an account
To apply, simply click any job title and then click "Apply by email without Registering."
Or, you can call our recruitment team at 800-360-1407. Thank you for your interest in Valintry.