Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description Overview
The Senior Systems Administrator position will be part of the server team responsible for the specification, acquisition, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the Windows and Linux systems, data storage and back-up platforms, and data center infrastructure at (7) different locations.
Position includes support of day-to-day operational tasks as well as project support and project management. Solid technical and interpersonal skills are required. Candidate must be a team player who is able to interface and communicate effectively with end-users, peers and management.
1. Install and maintain system infrastructure hardware, software, and services in compliance with established architectural standards and project guidelines.
2. Monitor, report and manage performance of system infrastructure, applications and services. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
3. Manage data backup and off-site replication operations.
4. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from system infrastructure issues. Coordinate and communicate with impacted application teams.
5. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
6. Manage projects which will include development of plans, project schedules and communication of status updates on project milestones.
7. Provide support to remote sites, working with site personnel to identify and resolve server related issues.
8. Provide 24x7 on-call coverage in rotation with peers covering server related issues.
9. Maintain data center infrastructure and environmental monitoring equipment.
· 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies in a 24/7 enterprise datacenter including file services resource manager (FSRM), distributed file system (Client), deduplication, NTFS permissions.
· 5+ years of experience in design, implementation and troubleshooting Microsoft's Active Directory in multi-forest environments, including domain and federated trusts, DNS, and Active Directory Sites.
· 5+ years' experience with VMware and virtualization technologies. VMware ESX experience a plus.
· 3+ years as primary storage system administrator with enterprise-class Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Area Storage (NAS) technologies, including Fiber channel, iSCSI, RAID, SMB, and NFS.
· Sound understanding of network technologies including IPv4, switching, routing, subnetting, firewalls, and the ability to troubleshoot with network captures.
· Proficient in one or more scripting languages: Python, PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, PowerShell, or similar.
· Experience with Dell PowerEdge servers a plus.
· Experience with enterprise-level data backup and de-duplication is desirable. Experience with Commvault Simpana is a plus.
· Must be able to work effectively with peers in a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
· High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
· Must be process and detail-oriented. Must demonstrate sound troubleshooting methodologies
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related discipline, or relevant work experience and certifications such as MCSE/MCSA, RHCE, CCNA, Storage+, Security+
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Self-employed corp-to-corp candidates are welcome. Thank you.
For immediate response please forward resumes to email@example.com
Sr. IT Recruiter
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Apply by creating/using an account
To apply, simply click any job title and then click "Apply by email without Registering."
Or, you can call our recruitment team at 800-360-1407. Thank you for your interest in Valintry.