Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Application Dev Team Lead - SharePoint / .Net
Responsible to mentor, coach and manage day to day work and motivation of a team of 3 or more technical individuals involved in multiple systems. In addition, responsible to design and manage document repository system and work flow systems for the group built around SharePoint, K2 and .NET technologies.
Individual is accountable to estimate the work and ensure delivery of application on time and with the right quality while adhering to policies and procedures of the group.
This is a hands-on role with some people management responsibilities:
TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES [70%]
· Partner with PM, BA, Other Leads and Architects to design application and integration (Intranet and Internet)
· Deliver High Level and Low-Level design diagrams
· Develop commercial quality code on following technologies: SharePoint, .NET, C# and WCF.
· Develop and provide level 3 support to SharePoint and .NET (C#) based web applications for the group
· Provide and maintain documentation for all developed objects and processes as per committed timelines
· Work with the architects and project staff to deliver high-level and detailed estimates
· Support and guide the team in terms of work allocation and prioritization
MANAGING & COACHING [30%]
· Responsible for application development team to deliver business systems while focusing on quality, timeliness & group coding standards. The team comprises of mid-sized team of SharePoint and .NET developers.
· Provide support, coaching and mentoring to team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards.
· Responsible for coaching, developing and motivating direct reports. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: recruitment and selection; employee appraisals and proactively addressing employee grievance and performance issues. It is important that these duties are carried out in accordance with Company policies and practices and in conjunction with HR.
· Support and guide the team in terms of work prioritization; undertaking performance reviews and determining professional development needs and opportunities.
· Support new initiatives and/or recommendations for systems development; prioritize, delegate, and coordinate handling of level-3 support requests and/or major incidents.
· Help layout and drive consistency in processes within the team
· Handle escalations manage stake-holder expectations and conflict within the team
· Monitor and report on resource utilization
· Partner with management team and other leads in coming up with new standards and procedures for the teams
· Follow policy, procedures, controls and processes for the development and testing life-cycle
· In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
· 7+ years of Application Development experience with 3+ years in a Lead position.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related
· Experience with multiple portfolio of projects
· Past experience on Insurance or Financial applications
· Experience using SQL to develop complex queries against relational databases.
· Experience in managing delivery of SharePoint (2010+) and .Net based applications.
· Understanding of products including good understanding of workflows, studio and smart forms.
· Knowledge of Development Lifecycle methodologies, Project and People Management
· Knowledge of web, windows-based application development concepts including integrations with Legacy insurance systems & Data Warehouse.
· Strong ability in high and low level designing and coding at an enterprise commercial standard on following technologies: SharePoint, .NET, C# and WCF.
· Working knowledge of Biztalk or other ESB implementation
· Experience of leading teams in organizations spanning time zones, cultures, and languages.
· Excellent knowledge of application architecture, techniques, design patterns and strategies
If interested, please forward me an updated copy of your resume for my review.
973-732-5454 x 22
Apply by creating/using an account