Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Deputy General Manager - Administration
Key job description:
I. Overall Job Purpose:
• Effectively coordinate the different functions of the organization for optimum performance.
• Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
• Oversee preparation of regular Reports summarizing progress on short and long range plans.
• Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
2. HR Management:
• Recruitment and contracting of human resources for the business.
• Employee development and training.
• Policy development and documentation.
• Employee relations.
• Performance management and improvement systems.
• Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
• Company-wide committee facilitation including planning, production, staff and
• Board of Directors, including arranging meetings and agendas, attending and minuting meetings.
3. Logistics, procurement & Project Management:
• Manage and maintain a schedule of projects including opening new branches, planned and emergency maintenance works for existing premises and special projects.
• Oversee organization of company transport and storage activities
• Direct and oversee the management of leases and staff accommodations
• Oversee procurement activities and endorse cost effectiveness and efficiency.
4. Marketing and PR:
• Organize promotions and advertising opportunities for the business
• Organize the availability of company members for medial PRevents as necessary.
• Oversee content, production and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials
(posters, flyers, mail outs, brochures etc) with director, designer and project manager.
• Manage press developments and gather relevant market intelligence reports.
5. Financial Management:
• Implement strategies to grow net revenues and protect shareholder wealth
• Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies.
• Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements and annual audit.
• Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company.
• Provide vision and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency ofthe company.
• Provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long and short term debt.
6. IT Management:
• Oversee system infrastructure development and maintenance in line with business strategies.
• Oversee software projects and integration works for business needs.
• Direct IT measures to protect and serve the different aspects of the business.
• Direct innovative solutions to utilize IT to reduce operational costs and revamp the business model to improve customer experience.
7. Business Development & Cash Express:
• Direct the development and launch of new revenue generating products and services.
• Monitor performance reports of newly developed products and services to maximize the success factors.
• Direct the growth of Cash Express regionally as an independent money remittance platform.
8. Quality Assurance and Control:
• Insure accurate documentation of activities and quality control data and records.
• Direct and oversee shop level activities and personnel and improve satisfaction levels.
• Direct activities to insure safety and compliance with quality control standards, regulatory compliance, and lease agreements.
• Oversee and/ or ensure good housekeeping on sites at all times.
• Achieve and maintain a high EFQM score for the business
9. Administrative Management:
• Direct and oversee the management of licenses and permits to conduct activities in line with internal and external regulations
• Ensure client and vendor file integrity (documents, analytical information where required, communication notations, etc.).
• Ensure activities within the organization are regulated by standardized policies and procedures.
• Assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
• Maintain general supervision and insure accuracy of records.
• Oversee internal and external communications.
• Build stakeholder relationships (e.g. Vendors, Contractors, Government Departments including Central Banks, Correspondent banks...etc.)
Profile of Deputy General Manager - Administration:
I. A minimum of ten years of experience in business management, planning and financial supervision.
2. A minimum of five years of experience in personnel management, including hiring, supervision, evaluation and benefits administration.
3. A minimum of three years of experience working with a board of directors and committees.
4. College graduate with an MBA or equivalent experience in a renowned financial institution.
5. Proven skills in business and financial management.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a multinational and diverse work environment.
7. Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff team.
9. Effective problem- solving and mediation skills.
I 0. Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others. II. Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
I2. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced proactive office setting.
13. Proven ability to maturely cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations. I4. Embraces high values, morals and integrity standards
Apply by creating/using an account