Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The successful candidate will be expected to: Analyze SunGard's core and LAN and WAN systems to determine existing and available capacity; Prepare reports communicating available capacity to stakeholders; Design and execute capacity and life-cycle augmentation projects; Design and execute lab projects in support of capacity and life-cycle issues and augmentations; Mentor less experienced engineering personnel; and Prepare business proposals in support of capacity and life-cycle augmentation recommendations; Identify root cause for core level crisis events and provide potential short/long term preventive actions in a timely manner using retroactive, reactive, and proactive means.
• Analyze Core Local and Wide Area Networks to determine existing and available capacity.
• Perform technical network investigations for assigned ITIL Problems. This involves layer 1-3 issues in a state of the art MPLS based IP backbone, Core switches, DNS and mail relay.
• Escalate Problems to external vendors as required.
• Identify root causes and suggest work-arounds were applicable.
• Prepare reports related to SunGard network capacity, circuit utilization, billing, and in response to ad hoc requests.
• Perform proactive analysis and investigations to determine potential network Problems.
• Design and execute lab projects in support of network capacity issues and augmentations.
• Participate in departmental process/procedures development.
• Investigate core level network Problems to determined root cause and provide potential short/long term solutions to avoid reoccurrences.
• Mentor less experienced engineering and technical personnel.
• Maintain technical expertise, required industry certifications, and stay current with new and emerging networking technologies.
• Manage special projects as required.
• Make recommendations for network upgrades and expansions, and provide input to the Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX) planning process
This position requires an individual that is able to manage multiple technical projects in a fast-paced environment. The individual selected must have excellent time management and communication skills.
• Minimum five years industry experience in an design and engineering role in a large enterprise or service provider environment with the installation and support of a large IP network.
• Extensive working knowledge of routing protocols including BGP4, OSPF, ISIS and knowledge of the Internet concepts and routing architectures is required.
• Extensive working knowledge of spanning tree and layer two switching concepts is required.
• Working knowledge of load balancing technologies, firewalls, IDS, DNS is required
• Extensive working knowledge of Cisco IOS is required.
• Working knowledge of Juniper Routers and JUNOS software is required.
• CCNP, CCIE or other equivalent certifications is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
• Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools is required.
• B.S. degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent skills developed through industry experience is required.
• Ability to learn and respond to demands in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and to manage multiple projects and responsibilities is required.
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as, independently is required.
• Good organizational, time management and service delivery skills are required.
• Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in productivity tools are required.
• College Degree preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
Apply by creating/using an account