Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Digital Graphic Designer Job Description
At Becton Dickinson, we create innovative hardware and software solutions to help our customers and improve patient care. We rely on bold and inspired employees who share our commitment to helping solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
Becton Dickinson (Client) is a global medical technology company focused on addressing many of the world's most pressing and evolving health needs. With our combined technology and expertise, we will become a global leader helping to transform the quality and cost of care for patients and clinicians worldwide. Join us in our mission to improve the future of healthcare and help all people lead healthy lives.
In your role as a Digital Graphic Designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, accurate prototypes of web-based software screens. You need the ability to apply Client's style guide concepts to bring hand sketches from a product manager to life in a fast-paced, experiment-driven environment.
As a Client Digital Graphic Designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, data visualization, and consistent application of patterns and guidelines. You will use your knowledge, expertise, and skills in all of these fields to help create screens our customers can successfully navigate.
More responsibilities in detail:
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use products
• Translate our style guidelines and technical requirements into screens that are clear, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
• Work well in an agile & experiment-driven environment to rapidly iterate on design solutions
• Present your work well and articulately explain your design rationale to stakeholders as needed
• Help evolve our visual framework, patterns, and style guidelines
• Collaborate with human factors engineers, experience designers and cross-functional stakeholders
• Participate in a collaborative, knowledge-sharing design community
• A BA or 4 years working experience in Visual Design, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or a related field
• A minimum of 4 years of experience delivering designs for web, mobile, and desktop software apps
• The ability to refine other people's ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
• Well organized, responsible, and passionate about our customers and pixel-perfect design
• Phenomenal graphic design skills, with an eye for typography, palette, and pixel-level attention detail
• Knowledge of design principles and methods, prototyping, and ideation tools
• Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator with able to explain the rationale behind design choices
• Portfolio showing examples of your own past work is required
Client/CareFusion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply by creating/using account