Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The City of Minneapolis seeks a Database Administrator/Developer Specialist to assist in the data migration effort from a legacy land management system to a new land management system whose implementation is in flight at the City of Minneapolis.
The components as a deliverable of this scope will be:
• Data Mapping Documents – Field mapping from the legacy system data sources to the staging database and the data store, if necessary, then the target transactional database of the new Land Management System.
• ETL Code - Documented, accurate code to load the data into the target databases.
• Data Cleaning Requirement - Define data integrity/cleansing requirements for the transform process.
1. Create accurate code using documented conversion specifications or using specification derived using reverse engineering techniques to load the data into the target database.
2. Conduct on site analysis of legacy system(s) and database(s) with the goal of producing the Data Mapping for the Extract process to support the Data Store and new system.
3. Writing or enhancing SQL queries to convert data into the target databases.
4. Work with users to ensure successful data conversion to the new system; may assist in user quality testing.
5. Create and update data verification plans, and expected outcomes, to be used for script runs.
6. Test all conversion programs in succession (assembly test) in order to identify and document programmatic dependencies.
7. Identify and resolve risks and issues related to data conversion activities.
8. Participate in routine meetings and documentation reviews.
9. Provide input for defining data integrity/cleansing requirements for the transform process.
10. Develop field mapping from the legacy system data sources to the target transactional databases. Review and understand existing ETL code.
11. Modify ETL code to repair defects & bugs.
12. Communicate and finalize solutions with the user on decisions for data that may not be converted or may be altered in form, to the new system.
13. Identify new fields that may need to be created in new system for data not identified in the original configuration.
• 5+ years of IT Delivery Experience, including a recent role in data conversion.
• 5 + years of experience supporting mission-critical implementation projects.
• Solid knowledge and expertise in data conversion methods, tools, and procedures.
• Strong communication skills with ability to effectively present information to technical and business audiences.
• Proven experience with performing data analysis, data mapping and reporting data issues.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Access, and other data sources.
• Experience in Oracle SQL
• Experience in TSQL
• Technical writing skills for business audiences
• Experience with InfoSphere Information Server
• Public Sector experience
• On site in office
• Up to 40 hours per work for the duration of the services
Apply by creating/using account