Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Material Handler performs duties necessary to move finished goods from the quarantine warehouse into the finished goods warehouse. This includes scanning material to ensure proper transactions within JDE using BPCS, possibly unloading conveyors, and stacking pallets, and slip-sheets.
• Operates a gas and battery forklift.
• Loads and unloads pallets as needed to and from the warehouse.
• Loads finished goods into warehouse locations and records activity as required into the automated inventory system using a bar-code scanner.
• Should be able to lift 60-75 pounds.
• Must have a valid Driver's license.
• Must be able to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as full face respiration, hard hats, safety glasses, ear plugs, goggles, boots, steel-toe shoes, gloves, chemical resistant aprons and suits, and other PPE as deemed necessary by EH&S, leadership team, corporate, or safety guidelines.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Cross-trained as a Production Custodian.
• Exhibits good documentation practices.
• Completes cGMP training.
• Monitors housekeeping.
• Identifies and report maintenance issues.
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Experience: 1-3 years experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
Must demonstrate sufficient process knowledge of the area in order to identify safety and environmental issues.
Competencies: Must be able to read and follow detailed instructions and procedures.
Must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats.
Must be able to perform basic math.
Must have working knowledge of chemical processing equipment and associated safety requirements.
Must have strong computer skills, Microsoft Office and documentation.
Action Oriented, Informing, and Organizing Skills
Learning on the Fly
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS/ SCOPE:
• Reports to Production Supervisor.
• Performs duties following standard operating procedures.
• Must have a high level of safety and environmental awareness.
• Must know the equipment well enough to determine when it is not performing to standards.
• Understands that the mis-operation of processing equipment could result in serious injuries due to the potentially dangerous nature of the equipment and the chemical being processed.
• No direct responsibility for the work of others; however, the team approach is emphasized in order to coordinate operation of plant equipment and support equipment.
• The plant's open-air construction exposes operators to the normal year-round outside climate. Some relief from the elements is available in the control rooms and break areas.
• Dirty conditions and chemical fumes are occasionally present in the work areas.
• Must be able to physically climb stairs and evacuation ladders, rolling drums, lifting and pouring bags of raw materials, driving forklifts, climbing and entering reaction vessels and perform first aid.
• Injuries could result from spills or leaks of corrosive flammable and toxic material, all of which are normally handled in the plant.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by contractors assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of contractors assigned to this position.
Apply by creating/using account