Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Strategic Transaction Review & Negotiation Group Manager.
Pay is DOE please include salary requirements and bill in comments. Targeting a conversion of $100 K yearly salary.
Accountabilities and Essential Responsibilities in this Role
Reporting to the Associate Director, this position provides counsel, contract interpretation, drafting and negotiation support and expertise to Director, MMS Capital Contracting & Dispensing Business Operations group, assuring timely legal, business and strategic guidance and risk mitigation, as follows:
• Develop a thorough understanding of Becton, Dickinson & Company's (Client) businesses, products, customers and competitors in order to provide legal drafting and negotiation support on commercial transactions involving purchase, lease, software licensing and healthcare compliance terms in domestic transactions;
• Consult with subject matter experts (SMEs) to drive transactions toward completion, including key legal, regulatory, finance, tax, accounting, risk management, treasury, and operating business resources in order to provide customers with reasoned responses balancing conflicting objectives while managing risk;
• Maintain work product standards in context of a demanding, fast-paced environment which show (i) quick comprehension and fact finding through voluminous documentation as needed; (ii) a strong detail orientation; (iii) excellent drafting t skills; (iv) respect for policies, SOPs and business processes clarifying Client objectives; and (v) respect for precedent and contract integrity and interpretation principles toward standardization and consistency between customer agreements;
• Follow workflow and approval processes, liaising with Business, Legal, Accounting, Risk Management and other SMEs, as needed, and archiving all such approvals to establish clear lines of accountability;
• Proven ability to manage shifting priorities in a demanding but team-oriented environment, following established prioritization processes in order to meet business objectives in a highly responsible manner;
• Ability to quickly extract relevant background and clarify intent in order to discern a clear objective and facilitate a sound strategy in relation to a customer-facing agreements;
• Synthesize complex issues down to the essential elements for clients throughout the organization with different abilities and responsibilities;
• Pursue continued education resources permitting a sound understanding of concerns affecting our customers, including the rapidly evolving healthcare environment, business policies and practices within the healthcare industry and potential impact on Client templates, contracting and negotiation strategies; and
• Demonstrate a high level of awareness and team commitment by (i) managing workload in a professional, positive, productive and collaborative manner in furtherance of shared team and Commercial Support goals; (ii) relying on internal resources, templates and precedent to avoid unnecessary delay and re-work before escalating to SMEs; and (iii) maintaining continuous and cooperative communication and accountability regarding projects, deliverables, objectives and priorities.
• Juris Doctor from accredited law school
• Minimum of 5 years of experience drafting and negotiating complex, strategic contract strategies and offerings; proven ability to maintain customer rapport with negotiation expertise in dynamic healthcare environment
• General understanding of federal, state and local government contracting requirements and practices
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to travel for more complex negotiations as needed ~5% - 10%
***Contracts drafting and negotiation experience in a corporate setting is key.
Apply by creating/using account