Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Video Security System Consultant
Location: Downey, CA
Duration: 12-18 months
DPW is seeking Consultants to assist them to complete a backlog of approximately 20 video security projects, including over 10 new or replacement systems, multiple troubleshooting and/or maintenance requests, and some requests for additional cameras or features. These projects are a priority to assist in efforts to arrest and prosecute individuals who break into DPW locations and steal or vandalize equipment.
DPW currently has more than 20 video security and CCTV systems from multiple manufacturers including network video recorders (NVR) and video management systems from Salient, DVTel, and Nuuo; and cameras from Axis, DVTel, and Vivotek. Most currently installed video security systems are Internet Protocol based systems that typically consists of the following core equipment:
• Digital Video Recorder or NVR
• Video Cameras
• Video Management Software
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Consultants shall perform all of the duties listed below:
Manage video security projects and coordinate efforts to install new and replacement video security systems, and/or repair existing systems.
Gather requirements, design, create site diagrams using software tools, and documentation of new and replacement video security systems. Coordinate activities with vendors selected by DPW to support existing and new systems.
Create Statement(s) of Work for services and technical specifications.
Communicate directly with end-user customers and managers to present design information and educate end-users.
Independently troubleshoot and resolve issues with video security devices such as video cameras and digital video recorders. Troubleshoot routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices with help from the network unit.
Research, recommend and apply security patches and operating system upgrades to video security hardware/software.
Train and provide knowledge transfer to DPW's technical staff and document all work performed.
Perform video security administration functions including configuring and maintaining video security hardware and software.
Each Consultant must meet all of the minimum qualifications:
1. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years managing and tracking video security installation projects and coordinating installation, maintenance, and repair of video security systems. Provide three (3) or more customer references for this qualification in the WOS Form A.
2. One (1) year of experience within the last five (5) years designing, installing, maintaining, and administering video security and CCTV systems, including IP based cameras, digital video recorders, and software. Provide three (3) or more customer references for this qualification in the WOS Form A
3. One (1) year of experience within the last five (5) years implementing and/or administering enterprise video management systems like Salient Complete View Enterprise. This experience may be concurrent with the experience designing, installing, maintaining, and administering video security and CCTV systems.
• Certification by the manufacturer in video management may be used in lieu of the experience. Provide a copy of certification with your resume.
4. One (1) year of experience within the last five (5) years creating statements of work for installation of video security systems.
5. One (1) year of experience within the last five (5) years using computer aided drafting and design (CAD) or other site diagramming software. This experience may be concurrent with the experience designing, installing, maintaining, and administering video security and CCTV systems.
• CAD course certification may be used in lieu of the experience. Provide a copy of certification with your resume.
6.Must have a current California Driver's License.
References on the WOS Form must be from actual companies where work was performed not from the Contractor submitting the resume. Bid submissions that fail to submit a complete WOS Form A will be disqualified.
Additional references might be requested if called for interview. Partial months of experience will not be accepted as a full year.
Apply by creating/using account