Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client is a global leader in technology services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to create and execute strategies for their digital transformation. From engineering to application development, knowledge management and business process management, we help our clients find the right problems to solve, and to solve these effectively. Our team of 190,000+ innovators, across the globe, is differentiated by the imagination, knowledge and experience, across industries and technologies that we bring to every project we undertake
Data Modelling / Big Data Engineer
Role includes working across technical domains with Integration/Information Architects, Solution Architects and other technical resources, including partnering with Business Analysts and business partners to identify data requirements for projects. Role also includes facilitating data modeling solution sessions with all stakeholders.
Will participate in planning activities with the project team, providing direction from an information architecture perspective (technical dependencies, architectural risks, etc.) and will ensure data is modeled (across technical domains) that meets business requirements and is in alignment to Ameriprise standards and guiding principles (EAG, Infrastructure, blueprints).
1. Experience with various information modeling techniques including entity-relationship modeling, dimensional modeling, UML Class modeling, metamodels, and data flow diagrams.
2. Experience in relational (3NF) and dimensional data model design.
3. Experience with any data modeling tool like ERWIN, ERStudio, PowerDesigner etc.
4. Should be able to understand the principles of data governance, work with data governance team to implement the data governance guidelines.
5. Should be able define data modeling standards, guidelines and best practices.
6. Have a fair knowledge(indexes, partitions, table spaces, compression techniques, constraints, query optimization etc.) on relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase, etc.
7. Should have affair understanding of datawarehouse architecture.
8. Should be proficient in creation of source to target data mapping documents, and communicate the transformation logic clearly to the dev team.
9. Experience with NOSQL databases is plus.
10. Should understand the BIGDATA ecosystem. Experience with BIGDATA ecosystem is a plus.
11. Good in SQL Tuning.
12. Ability to produce quality project documentation as per relevant project methodology, in addition to documenting modeling approaches and assumptions as well as any special processes followed, as needed.
13. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations at all levels of management, interaction with Business and Development Team combined with strong collaboration/influencing ability. Ability to effectively communicate the data architecture to all levels of the organization.
14. Works (collaborates) effectively within project teams and across technical domains, with BA's, Architects and other technical resources.
15. Ability to support multiple concurrent project assignments.
16. Familiarity with Data Architecture Design for Big Data Environments.
17. Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
18. Familiarity with and ability to support projects using waterfall, Agile and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) methodologies.
19. Knowledge of BFS Domain would be a Plus.
20. Job Function: Database and Information Strategy and Management
Apply by creating/using an account