Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Originates residential mortgage loans through solicitation and developing relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and other business referral sources to maintain a quality network of business relationships that serve as recurring sources of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities and growth for the bank.
• Participates in business related development opportunities, community and bank events in an effort to promote homeownership.
• Develops and executes marketing plan based on monthly and quarterly production standards. Works with manager to constantly improve performance and exceed minimum monthly standards as set forth in the compensation schedule.
• Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determines customer financing objectives, advises customer on product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers all additional required information in order to complete an error free disclosure to the customer. Analyzes the various mortgage products available to the customer based on the information provided. Employs independent judgment and discretion to recommend a particular mortgage product or products that are suitable for the customer's financial situation and consistent with the customer's overall financial goals.
• Ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics and complying with all Federal and State compliance policies.
• Obtains all required documentation as required (i.e. appraisals, title reports, financial information, pulling credit), by taking complete applications, analyzing information and is accurate with supporting documentation to allow a seamless disclosure, process and approval on the loan file.
• Maintains overall responsibility for the loan file and documentation through processing underwriting, closing, funding and post closing by following the transaction through to its conclusion.
• Conveys to customers and other associates the advantages of the company and various financial products the company offers through other areas of the bank.
• Complete annual training requirements including all BVS courses before due dates and participate in any system or system related training throughout the year.
• Comply with all Federal, State, and local consumer protection laws governing loan origination including the SAFE Act, the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), their implementing regulations (Regulations G and Z), and SAFE Act registration and renewal rules as defined by the bank.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Consistently remains in compliance with all federal and bank regulations for assigned job function and apply those standards to job responsibilities – knowledge will be gained through individual and bank associated coursework and on-the-job training. Associate is required to stay up to date on regulation changes. Associate must stay current on Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank. "
Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiates a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or, refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee's assessment of the consumer's financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO), for compensation or gain. All MLO's will be required to register as a MLO complying with the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
This position is authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and thus subject to specific Truth-in-Lending Act and Regulation Z Loan Originator requirements.
- Mortgage originating and structuring experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the home lending industry, including processing, underwriting, closing and funding loan.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience collecting and analyzing borrower income and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a customer's particular financial and housing situation and make appropriate recommendations for mortgage and other financial products based on that analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, manage and perform multiple tasks.
- Detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Previous mortgage self-generated origination/sales experience required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, finance, or equivalent.
- Must be registered as a MLO as per the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Requires close visual acuity.
Normal office environment.
No relocation offered.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account