Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Job Description Summary
To assist in the origination of residential loans, and facilitate the processing and closing of a quality product which meets marketable requirements within the policies and guidelines of HomeStreet Bank. Job Details
• Assist in the marketing of Affinity products and programs to local labor unions and municipalities
• Assist in the Origination of permanent single family (1-4) FHA, VA and conventional mortgage for affinity borrowers. This requires: Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to clearly communicate with borrowers, processors and loan officer(s). Knowledge of various underwriting requirements and familiarity with file documentation. Accurate preparation of Good Faith Estimates and approval letters.
• Assist loan officer in loan application process, including conducting application interviews, assisting customers in completing loan applications, accumulating information to be verified, identifying additional information to be provided or obtained, obtaining desktop underwriter approval and/or submission of the loan directly to underwriting, and providing all disclosures and forms to customers as required by company policy. Must also provide assistance to loan processors and closers on an as needed basis, and follow prescribed workflow procedures. This function requires excellent organizational skills.
• Understanding and maintaining a thorough knowledge of various programs (Client/FHLMC, FHA/VA, etc.) and company products available. Enthusiastic participation in cross-selling of affiliate's products is also required.
• Calculating and negotiating fees, discounts, rates, terms and conditions on loans within company guidelines. This requires excellent math skills and attention to detail, familiarity with basic pricing structures, and awareness of economic factors and their effect on loan terms.
• Complying with applicable government regulations and cooperating in all aspects of internal quality control and compliance programs.
• Participating in training programs as required by management.
• Developing, maintaining, and facilitating a good working relationship with and between all company staff, customers, and others involved in transactions. This requires excellent communication skills, including the ability to respond appropriately and to communicate effectively and courteously in circumstances involving time deadlines, dissatisfied customers or other members of the public, and other high-stress conditions.
• Prior mortgage lending or processing experience preferred.
• Good public speaking skills required.
• Excellent communication skills-phone, personal contact and written, required.
• Excellent math skills to be familiar with rates, pricing and yields. Also, overall awareness of our economy and how it affects financing, required.
• Professional in standards, skills and manner of dealing with others, required.
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions, by independently researching and assessing options and resources.
• Able to deal with customers, real estate agents, and attorneys in an effective and efficient manner.
• Strong ability, desire and enjoyment in working with others, both employees and customers, in a cooperative, professional and friendly spirit.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as independently, and with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationship with co-workers and manager, branches and home office departments.
• Possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
• Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Able to work under extreme pressure and possible long irregular hours.
• Valid driver's license, vehicle and liability insurance. • Knowledge of personal computers helpful. • Willingness to assume additional duties/projects as they arise. • Able to accept and facilitate change whether indicated by corporate needs, market, or regulatory requirements. • Willingness to work overtime when necessary. • Regular and punctual attendance • This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with HomeStreet Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS Registry or re-register and move your previous registration to HomeStreet Bank's registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position. Area Residential (Sales).
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account