Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
To interview and counsel members about first mortgage loans and to take mortgage loan applications. To establish and maintain personal relationship with members, and to guide and follow their mortgage loans from initial application through the loan closing process. To determine applicants' Qualifications; providing detailed information about Navy Federal's mortgage and equity loan products; clarify complexities of the mortgage/equity loan process; and evaluate, personalize, and recommend financing alternatives. To build and maintain referral relationships with realtors, builders, and other centers of influence.
* Analyze referred loans for areas of concern and determine proper course of action (e.g. obtain explanations for derogatory credit)
* Determine and advise members on approved loan conditions and documentation requirements
* Ensure progress and inclusion of required mortgage processing information (e.g. verifications of employment, assets, income and liabilities; appraisal reports, Navy Federal and investor requirements, etc.)
* Maintain contact with the member, Realtor and/or seller during the entire loan process
* Monitor mortgage loan process and ensure compliance with Federal laws, as well as, Navy Federal, NCUA and secondary market practices, guidelines and regulations
* Remain on-call and available to members and/or their real estate agents during scheduled evening hours after assigned work days and during scheduled hours on assigned days off (e.g. weekends)
* Request and obtain documentation needed and forward to Mortgage Processor
* Respond to inquiries about mortgage applications, processing status, problems and concerns
* Seek and leverage opportunities to conduct outside marketing and promotional activities to members and potential members through financial presentations, local events and realtor/trade shows and events
* Take first mortgage loan applications via face-to-face interview, mail and telephone
* Resolve or arrange for resolution of operational/processing issues, inquiries and complaints
* Respond to inquiries and resolve any issues concerning the processing of applications
* Review application for completeness, data integrity and accuracy; determine if additional information and/or supporting documentation is required
Qualifications - All required unless otherwise noted
* Incumbent will be required, prior to the assumption of employment duties, to register with the Nationwide Mortgage
* Licensing System and Registry; includes fingerprinting and background checks
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with automated systems
* Exposure to the mortgage lending industry
* Familiarity with mortgage lending requirements, regulations and procedures for VA and conventional loan programs
* Working knowledge of mortgage/equity loan processing, closing and documentation requirements and regulations
* Effective database and presentation software skills
* Effective skill in comprehending, analyzing, applying and communicating complex written legal documents
* Effective skill speaking and/or presenting in front of groups in a professional setting
* Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
* Working knowledge of Navy Federal Mortgage Production and/or Servicing Systems
"While employed at Navy Federal as a Mortgage Loan Officer, employees are expected to provide a duty of loyalty to Navy Federal to facilitate and or originate mortgage loans for Navy Federal. Activities that facilitate mortgage loans for entities other than Navy Federal (including, but not limited to, use of a real estate license to arrange or refer loans for other lenders) conflict with this duty of loyalty and may subject the employee to immediate termination. "
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account