Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has excellent full-time opportunities for Senior Underwriters with government and conventional experience to work in our San Jose, CA Branch.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full service Mortgage Banker.
Plaza's mission is to become the premier provider of mortgage loans by developing a distinct, sustainable competitive advantage through superior execution of a business philosophy that combines knowledge, technology, and service. Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is dedicated to building long term relationships with both customers and employees through quality training, and excellent customer support.
Our ideal candidate should be outgoing, hardworking, and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
Responsible for analyzing and evaluating consumer home loan applications and the supporting documentation to assess borrowers' credit worthiness. Types of consumer loan applications include, but are not limited to Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA residential first mortgages. Must be able to recommend approval or denial of credit applications and provide written and verbal decision and documentation to support the lending decision.
Senior Underwriters will be assigned Lending Authority levels by Corporate Underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
1. Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an automated underwriting system to determine borrowers' willingness and ability to repay the mortgage debt.
2. Knowledge of Client, and FMLMC documentation and general guidelines/standards. Additionally, experience with FHA, VA and USDA preferred but not required.
3. Validate loan application and supporting documentation, and ensure system of record reflects correct information. Update system of record when required.
4. Review and validate: income, asset, credit, title, value and fraud reports.
5. Validate all required property information is in system.
6. Review all loans to ensure that they meet Plaza's underwriting guidelines.
7. Pull credit report as required.
8. Ensure government required documents are complete and accurate.
9. Review title information.
10. Review purchase contract (if applicable).
11. Run and review quality control tools – i.e. FraudGuard and Early Check.
12. Run, review and interpret DU/LP/GUS/TotalScoreCard, when applicable.
13. Document system with all dates and information.
14. Ensure system data integrity
15. May underwrite one or all of the following loan types: Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, FHA 203k, VA, and USDA based on Lending Authority Levels.
16. Maintain production standard goals as established by management.
17. Underwritten loans must meet all quality standards established by Plaza, Client, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and USDA.
18. Ability to act as FHA DE and/or VA Automatic and SAR Underwriter; if not, should be pursuing these designations (based on Lending Authority Level).
19. Order and review MI based on loan program. Ensure that system of record matches MI certificate.
20. Approve/deny loans and update the system accordingly with P.A.C.E comments.
21. Reunderwrite loans when additional information has been received.
22. May be asked to second sign loan decisions for lower level authority underwriters.
23. May occasionally be required to provide training for and mentoring of Junior Underwriters and newly hired Senior Underwriters.
24. Answer and research general underwriting scenario and guideline questions via email and phone.
27. Complete all required underwriting, worksheet and checklists - i.e. Income Worksheet, QM/ATR checklist.
28. Assist in resolving branch post closing suspense issues.
29. Must be able to evaluate and analyze complex income tax returns to establish qualifying income.
30. Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
· Recent Underwriting experience in the mortgage industry is a must
· Working knowledge of loan program products and services, and policies essential
· Familiarity with state and federal regulations is required as well as a solid understanding of: HMDA, Regulation Z, Regulation B, the FHLMC, Client, FHA rules and processes
· Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers required
· Solid commitment to customer service; strong organizational and problem solving skills, and the demonstrated ability to work in both a team and individual environment
· Familiarity with (AUS) automated underwriting systems
· Knowledge of Loan Origination Systems such as DataTrac and NetOxygen, as well as paperless file environment and image software repository
· Detail oriented
· Ability to absorb technical information
· Analytical minded
· Ability to make decisions
· Sound judgment
· Ability to work with tight deadlines
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral
· Ability to work independently or within a team
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking the following link (be sure to have your resume ready to upload): https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=plazahome&jobId=32046&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Plaza Home Mortgage offers a full benefit package and a great work environment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account