Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing, Michigan-based community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities like the one described below:
Under the direction of the Settlement Supervisor, this position performs and ensures the proper processing, disbursement and settlement for transactions processed by CFC Title – Settlement Services division. S/he is expected to look for growth potential while building relationships with local realtors and loan officers. S/he will communicate an outgoing and friendly professional demeanor not only to customers but to staff as well.
Work schedule is generally Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as directed by supervisor and/or Saturdays work hours per business need. Position will be full time (minimum of 35 hours per week) depending on the needs of the branch/department. This position may require attendance at various bank/educational functions, before, during or after normal business hours.
Essential Job Functions
Perform pre and post-closing functions.
Process loan packages received from Chemical Bank or outside customers.
Coordinate all aspects of the closing process, including reviewing and ensuring all documents are notarized, signed, and initialed.
Work with lender, closer, and agency to ensure files are prepared on time.
Create and edit Hud-1 Settlement Statements and closing file preparation.
Work with Construction Specialist on reviewing/validating sworn statements, lien waivers and facilitate construction draw process, including printing disbursement checks.
Market settlement services internal and external customers including but not limited to area attorneys, estate planners, trust officer, and real estate professionals.
Essential Skills to Perform the Job
Significant settlement and loan processing experience as well as real estate closing /processing experience.
Knowledge of title insurance commitments/policies for title clearance.
Proficient in use of SoftPro, Microsoft Office Suites and Title Policy.
Organizational skills to handle multiple projects, simultaneously.
Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Scope of Responsibility/ Decision Making
An Escrow Processor will need to have the ability to review routine information that is received to determine if it is acceptable based on specific bank and agency guidelines and procedures that are in place. Work involves much personal contact with others inside/outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information. There is some latitude for independent decision making. Problems are generally similar in nature but require some specialty training. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. S/he should exercise common sense and good judgment in decision making and should understand the branch/department goals, standards, policies and procedures established by management.
Required: High School Graduate or GED; Real estate industry knowledge related to closing processing, settlement experience or loan documentation preferred.
Must be able to fulfill the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
• Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
• Dexterity required for manipulating objects and standard office equipment.
• Communication skills using the written and spoken word.
• Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
• Ability to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to bend, squat, and stoop as needed.
Chemical Bank Success Profile Expectations
All employees are expected to demonstrate the Chemical Bank Success Profiles:
• Customer Dedication: Go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
• High Standards: Establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality & necessary attention to detail.
• Positive Impact: Make positive impressions on those around them. They are optimistic, personable and generally likable.
• Relationship Building: Enjoy being around people and cultivate positive internal and external relationships.
• Team Player: Identify with the team and their role it. They share resources, respond to requests quickly and work collaboratively.
• Creative Initiative: Are proactive and continuously seek to improve existing processes.
• Community Immersion: Embrace the idea of volunteerism and enjoy contributing to add value to the community in which they live.
• Mission Focus: Believe in the mission, value it and are committed to it.
From Hire to Retire. With You, Every Step.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account