Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
1. Review loan files to determine accuracy of income, assets, credit, pricing and product parameters. Examine overall loan documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Review loan-to-value ratios, credit reports, preliminary title reports and applications to ensure that each loan request meets First Federal's guidelines. Perform income tax analysis. Recommend loans for approval. Review and approve appraisal reports and assess company risk in accordance with guidelines. Backup reviewer for Equity and Special Asset appraisals.
2. Establish a working knowledge of lending programs and underwriting guidelines, including secondary marketing requirements. Continue to keep current on policy and procedural changes.
3. Monthly HMDA/LAR review
4. Set terms and condition based on loan program. Review and verify the documentation collected.
5. Advise Loan Officers on difficult residential real estate lending questions.
6. Establish and maintain solid working relationships with title companies, mortgage insurance, secondary markets, etc
7. Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations and other federal and state regulations pertinent to this position. Complete annual BSA training in a timely manner in accordance with BSA regulations and internal policies and procedures.
8. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
9. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
10. Weekly (or as needed) Adverse Action. Also counter offers as they come up.
High school diploma or certified equivalency required; associate's degree with accounting, finance or real estate coursework preferred.
Typically requires3 years of related mortgage loan experience, underwriting or processing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Develop and maintain a working knowledge of First Federal policies, procedures, and systems.
• Superior analysis thinking and mathematical skills.
• Ability to use independent judgment in credit and property analysis of potential loans.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment where deadlines must be met.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in MS Word and an intermediate level Excel user.
• Must be self motivated and a self starter.
• Incumbent must be an active learner with demonstrated ability to seek out resources and address own learning needs effectively.
Number and Titles of All Persons Supervised:
Computer and associated software applications, printers, copy machines, fax machine, 10 key calculator and multi-line telephone.
The essential functions of this position require the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Boxes and supplies are lifted on and off counters, tables, desks, and shelves up to a height of six feet. The work requires the ability to operate office machines and equipment, such as personal computers, printers, copying machines, fax machines, calculators, and telephones. The work requires the ability to communicate clearly with customers, coworkers, and staff in person, via email and on the telephone. Work activities involve combinations of sitting/standing for extended periods, driving a vehicle throughout the Association's service area, lifting, and carrying.
The emphasis on the communication process, computer skills, and travel within the various areas of the Association indicate that the responsibilities could not be effectively performed by individuals with severe restrictions in physical mobility, sight, hearing or speech.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
High School or better.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account