Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Fifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. As The curious bank, we've staked our claim on looking at things differently, at being better listeners and at showing more commitment. We employ about 19,000 people, and what we offer is:
This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.
• A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and financial welln ess programs.
• An environment where we win together. We celebrate achievement and work collaboratively. We're also a two-time Gallup Great Workplace honoree.
• An invitation to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. Everything we do is geared toward improving lives. That's fun and exciting.
It comes down to the fact that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to with which to grow – as a customer or as a team member.
Mortgage Banking at Fifth Third Bank encompasses three sales channels – Retail, Direct and Correspondent. It also includes the operations side, with three major Fulfillment Centers in Cincinnati, Ohio; Grand Rapids, Michigan; and Chicago, Illinois. We offer many different mortgage loan options, and our customers look to us when they are thinking about buying a new home, building their dream home, refinancing their existing home, or exploring options for downsizing. Additionally, the Fifth Third partners with the Community College Foundation to bring the Financial Empowerment eBus to our communities. This bus is retrofitted as a mobile classroom that hits the streets to provide financial education on important topics including homeownership. We also play a key role in supporting homeownership by offering refinancing and modification opportunities.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of duties relating to the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans for outside referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Assumesoverall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank#s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
* Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company's policies and procedures.
* Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
* Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Take applicant applications by completing Client form 1003 on the laptop.
* Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates, applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses and transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
* Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package in the time frames set by management.
* Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and complete required management reports.
* Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely updates and progress reports.
* Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each applicant's and support staff#s expectations.
* Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Minimum Skills & Experience
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High school diploma or equivalent mandatory. Four-year college degree preferred.
* Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
* Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
* Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
* Demonstrated organizational skills.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills.
* Proven computer skills.
* Basic sales technique skills.
* Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
* This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required foremployment in this position.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account