Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
GENERAL PURPOSE SUMMARY
Originates mortgage loans, including those of the most complex variety, by determining customers' needs, analyzing financial information, and determining the most appropriate loan program, and participates in related business development activities by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sells a variety of mortgage loan products to existing and prospective customers by interviewing customers and analyzing their financial information to determine best fitting mortgage product; originates complex low- to moderate-income loans, multi-layer loans, and multiple source of income loans; works with various areas of the bank to cross sell bank's products and services that benefit customers.
2. Issues all required customer disclosures accurately and timely ensuring compliance with all current federal, state, and bank requirements to minimize bank's exposure to losses.
3. Assists management in creating marketing and advertising strategies to bring in additional customers; stays aware of competitors' products, services, and rates and makes recommendations to Investor Loan Production Department management on competitive strategies.
4. Regularly executes all the activities set forth in the bank's Business Development Program, including scheduling proactive meetings with customers, prospective customers and Centers of Influence (COIs), tracking and reporting calls and pipeline details, participating in bank-sponsored events designed to strengthen customer relationships and networks, and engaging in relevant community organizations and events.
5. Issues prequalification letters and determines the type of loan program and investor that best fit customers' needs and minimize bank's exposure to losses.
6. Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
May supervise employees. In the supervisory role, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; addresses complaints; resolves problems, and may be requested to make hiring, evaluating, and terminating recommendations regarding employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: Two years sales experience in Real Estate or Mortgage. Bachelor's degree in business management, accounting, finance, marketing, or related field and two years mortgage originating, processing, real estate sales, lending, or related experience; or four years business or banking experience including two years mortgage originating, processing, real estate sales, lending, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience required. Familiarity with FHA/VA, AHFC, Client and other investor lending programs required; detailed knowledge of FHA/VA, AHFC, Client and other investor lending programs preferred.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in business management, accounting, finance, marketing, or related field and two years mortgage originating, processing, real estate sales, lending, or related experience; or six years business or banking experience including two years mortgage originating, processing, real estate sales, lending, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience required.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to keyboard 35 wpm and operate a 10-key calculator by sight required. Word processing and spreadsheet experience required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business journals and technical manuals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with customers and all levels of bank employees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, assess risk, draw valid conclusions, and make decisions based on those conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, and REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess and maintain a valid State of Alaska driver's license and provide a current copy of an Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles Report (MVR) evidencing a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
0 - 10%
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account