Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Reports To: Mortgage Manager
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
Summary: Proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Credit Union mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals. Continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships (real estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts and other referral sources) that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Participates regularly in business-related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develops business referral network through marketing, cold-calling, prospecting and networking activities.
2. Participates in community efforts to promote home ownership.
3. Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources.
4. Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
5. Participates in community affairs activities to increase the Credit Union's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
Loan Application Process
1. Responds to member inquiries and referrals that are generated from contacts and other business channels.
2. Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers.
3. Reviews and analyzes credit and financial data.
4. Determines member financing objectives and goals.
5. Presents appropriate Credit Union products and programs and explains guidelines.
6. Advises members of pricing and lock rate as required.
7. Collects supporting loan documentation as required and provides complete package to a Mortgage Loan Processor.
Loan Pipeline Management
1. Works with Mortgage Loan Processors to ensure a loan disposition can be rendered within the 30-day requirement.
2. Works with Mortgage Loan Processors to ensure that loan conditions are met.
3. Ensures exceptional member experience by overseeing the loan process from origination to closing and providing ongoing communication with members and business partners.
4. Achieves established production goals.
1. Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
2. Utilizes Credit Union reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program and policy information to external members and internal business partners.
3. Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Interpersonal Contacts: Frequent contact with members, employees, other financial institutions and businesses.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Coursework related to finance, Client or mortgage lending preferred. Two years recent (within the last year) mortgage lending experience.
Requirements Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities:
1. Must follow the Credit Unions written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act), to include completion of the registration process, use of the unique identifier and maintenance of this registration as required.
2. Ability to maintain consistently high standards of accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input and correspondence.
3. Well developed skills in making sound, independent loan decisions.
4. Professional written and verbal communication skills. Strong interviewing skills to determine member needs.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
6. Proven ability to handle tasks accurately, promptly and completely, with attentiveness to detail in a multi-tasking environment.
7. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
8. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, organize time and prioritize duties to ensure an effective workflow.
9. Analytical ability necessary to conduct analysis of an applicant's credit status and recommend alternatives when appropriate.
10. Motivational skills and sales techniques necessary to solicit and increase outstanding loans.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account