Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Are YOU looking to advance your career as a Real Estate Loan Underwriter working for UNIFY Financial (formerly Western Federal Credit Union - same company and member-owned structure; however, our new name and brand better reflects our nationwide presence and communicates our value proposition), a respected organization that is among the nation's LARGEST 100 credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound and growth-oriented while being reassured our growth is strategically planned and executed?
At UNIFY Financial, we're proud of the fact that we were able to maintain our staffing levels during and after the Great Recession. And, we're continuing to GROW throughout the country by expanding opportunities for those looking to work for the "Big Bank " alternative known for providing superior member service!
When you work at UNIFY, you partner and collaborate with like-minded contributors who have made it their mission to embrace the opportunity to take charge of their careers and provide exceptional service to our members (we call them "members " because they are the only "owners " in our financial cooperative ... our Credit Union does not report to shareholders on Wall Street like most of the Big Banks).
Consider advancing your career at UNIFY today and become a UNIFYer!!
Note: This position is located near "The Lakes " in Las Vegas, NV
The Real Estate Loan Underwriter – Residential is responsible for underwriting real estate loan products within lending authority, Credit Union guidelines, as well as secondary market standards.
• Underwrites real estate loans in accordance with Western and/or secondary marketing guidelines and conditions loans appropriately.
• Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process.
• Proficiency in operating loan origination automated underwriting systems (DU and LP).
• Assist production staff in understanding secondary marketing requirements and proper manner of documentation.
• Maintains and provides current information on investor or underwriting changes.
• Reviews appraisals and inspections for collateral acceptability.
• Assists in the review and response of any audit findings.
• A minimum of two years residential mortgage loan underwriting experience.
• Working knowledge of relevant compliance guidelines for residential real estate lending transactions and secondary markets.
• Familiarity with TRID requirements preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrated sense of urgency, quality orientation, and strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter, team-oriented, goal-driven
• High school diploma or equivalent
¿See the UNIFY Difference!
At UNIFY, we believe that each team member is a valued contributor. Through a teamwork approach, we strive to provide a positive and rewarding workplace that helps our team succeed. UNIFY provides a work environment which promotes learning, growth, and the opportunity for team members to challenge themselves. We work together for a common goal, "to provide superior service to our members. "
Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package* Includes:
• Medical (PPO/HMO), Prescription, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision, Life, and Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance effective from DATE OF HIRE (RARE!)
• Dependent and Medical Care - Flexible Spending Accounts
• Generous Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay
• 401(K) Plan with employer match
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan fully funded by UNIFY (RARE BENEFIT!)
• Education reimbursement that covers up to 100% of tuition and books for approved programs (RARE BENEFIT!)
• UNIFY banking privileges for you and your family
*All programs subject to review and change
UNIFY is proud to be a drug-free, equal-opportunity employer.
Unsolicited agency or third-party recruiting firm fees will not be honored unless recruiting activity has been coordinated priorwith the UNIFY VP, Human Resources as evidenced by written confirmation and a contract agreement.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account