Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Summit Mortgage is searching for an experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriter in Fort Wayne. This individual should have Direct Endorsement certification and experience with USDA.
Summit Mortgage provides a generous benefits package including a 401(k) match, vacation time, and a per loan incentive plan.
To learn more about the specifics of the Underwriter position you can find the job description below.
All employees are expected to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service by interacting professionally with all internal & external customers; maintain confidentiality in all matters; dress professionally & appropriately, and using our core values, conduct themselves in a highly ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Review, verify, analyze and approve loan documentation on all mortgage loans submitted.
2. Conduct all appropriate steps necessary to approve or recommend approval for mortgage loans within given level of authority.
3. Thoroughly document reasoning for all loan decisions and provide detailed criteria for conditions on loan decisions.
4. Actively maintain a thorough working knowledge of secondary market underwriting guidelines and requirements as well as the Bank's underwriting guidelines and requirements.
5. Responsible for the completeness and integrity of loan files in preparation for closing.
6. Actively maintain a thorough working knowledge of all real estate related loan products offered by the bank.
7. Maintain awareness of changes in guidelines for secondary market and related portfolio transactions.
8. Develop risk assessment skills.
9. Review withdrawn/denied files to ensure accuracy of system for reporting purposes.
10. Formulate logical exceptions to policies/guidelines for consumer and mortgage loans, within lending authority limits, when deemed to be in the best interest of the bank.
11. Make recommendations for alternate loan structuring to lenders when appropriate.
12. Provide underwriting support to regions as needed.
13. Provide back-up support for department as requested.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
COMPETENCIES Adaptability, customer focus, decisiveness, driving for results, initiative, sales focus, teamwork and cooperation, information seeking, project management, specialized knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS Inside office working conditions including sedentary (seated desk) & computer work. Some work outside normal business hours may be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE HS diploma, plus 3-5 years related lending experience is required. Bachelor degree is preferred. A working knowledge of secondary market underwriting guidelines and a complete understanding of the lending process from origination to closing are required as are excellent detail and organizational skills, professionalism, flexibility and strong decision-making ability. Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Word, Excel & Windows and polished communication skills with a constant emphasis on quality customer service are necessary.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account