Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client Financial Services is continuing to expand its consumer lending footprint into the Home Equity space. This presents a unique opportunity for an experienced underwriting professional to assist in building and protecting the Client brand.
The Jr. Underwriter will work closely with the Originator, Processor, and Sr. Underwriter to expedite file review. Jr. Underwriter must be a detail-oriented critical thinker who is able to take initiative and work consultatively with others in order to efficiently and effectively meet turn times and maintain customer satisfaction. A thorough understanding of product and policy guidelines with an ability to implement this knowledge into their daily work load is paramount.
The Jr. Underwriter will be responsible for:
• Validating files suggested for decline by reviewing and analyzing credit report, title report, income documentation, collateral, and other application factors per DHE credit requirements
• Analyzing various scenarios and suggesting potential alternate offers for files recommended for decline
• Reviewing and responding to general underwriting scenarios
• Communicating best practices, coaching opportunities, and training needs to the field, including opportunities to improve overall loan submission quality
• Maintaining a strong focus on continued growth and learning of essential underwriting knowledge
• Assuring compliance with anti-money laundering and Sanctions laws and regulations
• Assuring compliance with the application of all other applicable regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, ECOA, Regulation B, RESPA, Regulation X, HMDA, Regulation C, TILA, Regulation Z, and Regulation O
• Identifying and reporting trends in decline submission errors
• Assisting with other responsibilities and projects as identified by management
• Promoting a risk-aware culture, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
Training begins Monday, November 28.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Strong team player with interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates analytical thinking - analyzes information, identifies key issues and draws logical conclusions; identifies the root causes of problems and develops solutions
• Strategic thinker - identifies opportunities to achieve goals while anticipating impacts and consequences to the business; sees the "big picture "
• Ability to learn and navigate complex proprietary software platforms
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
• 1+ years of mortgage processing/underwriting experience in a Home Equity or Mortgage environment preferred
• Experience using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred
Positions will start on November 28. Available schedules are 9:00am-5:30pm or 9:30pm-6:00pm, Monday-Friday. Training will be for approximately 3-4 weeks, 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Benefits start DAY ONE of your employment, including:
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• Paid time off (20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
• Tuition Reimbursement (after one year of employment)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Full service cafeteria
• Onsite fitness center
Positions Also known as:
Underwriting Assistant, Junior Underwriter, Mortgage Loan Assistant, Loan Officer's Assistant
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account