Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
New American Funding is a family-owned business, dedicated to helping other families and individuals improve their quality of living. We're a Client, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae direct lender, seller, and servicer with call center, distributed retail, wholesale, and builder divisions. We have more than 90 retail branches, over 1,900 employees, and we fund over $900 million in home loans every month.
For the past three years, The Orange County Register has recognized us as one of the top workplaces in the county, this year Fortune named us among their Best Workplaces for Diversity and Mortgage Executive Magazine named us in their 50 Best Companies to Work For.
The Scotsman Guide named us in their Top Mortgage Lenders list, Mortgage Executive Magazine ranked us in their Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America, and we were included in Inc.5000's Fastest Growing Companies, to name just a few of our recent accolades. Our high loan volume and efficient operations allow us to offer aggressive compensation to our employees and low rates to our clients.
We're not your typical mortgage banker. We have a style all our own; tech-driven efficiency with a personalized, boutique feel.
We're a family. We collaborate with confidence, knowing our work is infused with integrity, not just at each desk, but in all of our operations.
People like working with us, and we think you will too.
Position: Jumbo Underwriter
Location : San Diego, CA.
Remote positions available if you are out of local area; please discuss with recruiter
Position Summary: Primary responsibilities include providing the thorough evaluation of credit and property documents in loan files, identify potential risks, and advise as to the appropriate decision of the file as it relates to approving, declining or suspending the loan based upon New American Funding's underwriting guidelines concerning borrower eligibility and investors' requirements. Other duties include maintaining underwriting turn times, working with processors and loan officers to provide guidance on a case-by-case basis, and keep up with guidelines as set forth by VA and FHA, as well as Client, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review all loan submissions submitted by production and origination staff and generate initial credit decision in accordance with Client, FHLMC, FHA, VA, Bond and other private investor guidelines as well as internal overlays.
2. Evaluate mortgage loan applications to determine eligibility, acceptability, and compliance with applicable state, federal and investor guidelines.
3. Perform credit and property analysis on conventional and government loan files.
4. Analyze complex tax returns and accurately calculate income.
5. Perform timely reviews of submitted conditions and loan resubmissions.
6. Input data and notes into the Encompass loan system.
7. Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by management.
8. Effectively communicate, orally, in writing, and via email, the decisions reached as to maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and customers.
1. Government underwriting experience; CHUMS and/or SAR ID.
2. Superior knowledge of and experience with property and credit underwriting requirements of Client, FHLMC, FHA and VA, as well as other loan programs and private mortgage insurance companies.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Superior analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities.
5. Ability to work independently, analyze data, take and recommend appropriate actions with minimal supervision.
6. Capability of working in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines, all while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
1. Five or more years' mortgage underwriting experience.
2. Current experience underwriting VA mortgage loans.
3. Direct Endorsement (DE) and/or LAPP/SAR certifications.
4. High School diploma or equivalent.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account