Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Responsible for originating mortgage loans with consumer clients, providing follow-up and closing on loans. Responsible for compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) by obtaining and maintaining a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) registration and unique identifier number. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
In addition to the employee's regular responsibilities American National Bank realizes that a cohesive Compliance Program is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. Total bank support is required, but the Audit Committee and Management acknowledge that their influence, direction, and guidance are critical to implementing an effective Compliance Program. It is also a requirement that all employees especially Management and Officers demonstrate unequivocal support of the Compliance Program so that all bank employees understand and perceive the importance of the Compliance Program. Management's involvement will be critical to administering an effective Compliance Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Soliciting residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders, and professionals. (25%)
2. Interviews and explains different financing programs to mortgage loan applicants. Advises applicant in choosing the appropriate financing course and obtains pertinent financial and loan information. (50%)
3. Coordinates with loan operations on the processing of the application and reviews the loan papers in preparation for closing. Explains the documents to applicants at closing. (15%)
4. Communicates with applicants and realtors on progress of application. (5%)
5. Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities. Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages. (5%)
1. Processes special reports and performs other related duties as assigned. (5%)
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Secondary Market and mortgage loan regulations and guidelines.
2. Knowledge of VA and FHA loans.
3. Knowledge of word processing software.
4. Skills in operating various office equipment such as: computer terminal, personal computer, adding machine, and copy machine.
5. Ability to communicate both oral and written in a courteous and professional manner.
6. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. College degree in Business Administration and/or equivalent work experience.
2. Three years previous mortgage lending experience.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EO/AA: American National Corporation (including all affiliates) ( "ANC”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) employer. ANC considers applicants for all positions, and employees are treated equally during employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Federal and state law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to complete the application process or to perform any essential elements of the position you are applying for.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account