Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE-STC) is a global real estate services company, offering products and services through our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted ProvidersTM and family of companies. From residential and commercial title insurance and closing and settlement services to specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we offer the comprehensive service, deep expertise and solutions our customers need for any real estate transaction. At Stewart, we believe in building strong relationships – and these partnerships are the cornerstone of every closing, every transaction and every deal.
Under direct supervision, abstracts documents on title orders within company guidelines. Performs basic title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to tract index information, property surveys and legal descriptions, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
• Abstracts documents on title orders within company guidelines to determine the condition of the title and insurability of the property.
• Performing basic title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to geographic information, property surveys and legal descriptions, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
• Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of abstract documents.
• Answers questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions, as needed.
• Submits details for examination of the title and provide updates to appropriate parties.
• Utilizes various documents, files, websites, and title search software.
• Recommends and advises management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and service/products.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Knowledge:
• Computer skills including working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database software packages, internet applications and/or company specific computer applications.
• General knowledge of practices and procedures of the industry, department or specialized function.
• Attention to detail and maintains confidentiality.
• Good organizational skills, communication and analytical skills.
• Ability to work within stringent deadlines and work in team-oriented environment.
• Self-motivated illustrates a commitment to customer service.
• Able to respond to inquiries promptly and accurately
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
• Completion of a High School diploma
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in general clerical and administrative support
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities.TM More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com/, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com/ or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Equal Employment and Nondiscrimination
At Stewart, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. Stewart takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are recruited and employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, history of disability, veteran status, nationality, or sex/gender. Some state or local laws also specifically prohibit discrimination on the basis of additional classifications, which may include ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status and/or parental status.
: Title and Escrow
: New York-Johnstown-Johnstown-223 W Main St
: Stewart Title Insurance Co
Apply by creating/using an account