Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Responsible for receiving, reviewing, and processing applications for retail consumer, indirect automobile, home improvement, second mortgage, home equity, credit card, and overdraft account loans. Assembles and evaluates loan applications and approves those that meet initial lending criteria and are within approved lending limits. Presents loan requests above lending limit for approval as per loan policy. Ensures members and prospective members are promptly and professionally served. Provides general credit union information and cross-sells services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively receiving, reviewing, and processing loan applications.
a. Receives loan applications from branch personnel and indirect automobile dealers, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests.
b. Evaluates and verifies loan applications and credit worthiness. Computes debt ratios. Verifies employment and income as necessary. Determines value of collateral. Approves/ denies or counters loans within limits of authority. Requests additional information if required from branch staff or auto dealers.
c. Relays conditions of approval or denial to appropriate employee or dealer and suggests counter offer where applicable.
d. Performs duties of area personnel as required.
e. Ensures lending operations are conducted in accordance with established credit union policies and are legally compliant.
f. Maintains working relationships with branch staff and auto dealers to ensure additional business. Offers assistance to branch staff as needed in relation to loan quality.
g. Stays abreast of consumer lending policy and contributes idea or suggestions as they arise.
h. Stays abreast of consumer lending financial rules and regulations and apply them as appropriate.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with customers.
a. Keeps branch staff and auto dealers properly informed of credit union loan policies and services.
b. Ensures the credit union's professional reputation is projected and maintained.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and with management.
a. Assists area personnel as needed. Assists other Loan Officers.
b. Assists in training and cross training loan support personnel.
c. Completes reports and records promptly and accurately. Inputs loans and all supporting documents as required.
d. Attends meetings as required.
e. Keeps Management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Actively and professionally cross sells credit union products and services.
b. Stays informed regarding local and national economic conditions and legal and regulatory changes.
c. Ensures proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desks, equipment, etc.
1. Lending functions are effectively performed in accordance with established credit union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
2. Good business relations exist with members/dealers and branch staff. Programs and services are properly and thoroughly explained and members' needs accurately assessed. Members' problems are courteously and promptly resolved.
3. Required reports are accurate and timely.
4. Good working relationships exist with area personnel and with management. Area personnel are assisted as needed.
5. Credit applications and related financial data are closely and effectively analyzed and evaluated.
6. Personal delinquency write-off numbers are in line with credit union objectives.
Associate's degree in business related field or equivalent financial institution experience.
Knowledge of credit union loan services, policies, and procedures.
Advanced knowledge of financial institution lending regulations.
Advanced knowledge of required loan documentation.
Advanced knowledge of consumer and residential lending practices.
Three to Five years of previous lending experience in a financial institution.
Excellent interviewing, communication, and public relations skills.
Strong analytical and financial skills.
Ability to operate related computer applications, and other business equipment including calculators, typewriter, printer, telephone, and notary stamp.
Good typing skills.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account