Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Overseer: Project Manager
Position Objective: The Project Engineer (PE) is to be a proactive member of the production team who actively identifies and resolves open issues. The PE is to provide consistent execution of established company Document Control systems used to manage the project's Construction Documents, buyout and closeout. Desired Business Skills & Knowledge: Business communication and writing skills. The ability to work in both a field and office environment. Basic knowledge of construction means & methods and project sequencing. General understanding architectural drawings, structural, civil and mechanical engineered plans and specification documents. Proficient in Windows applications, Outlook (email) Word, Excel, & Master Builder Estimating methods and plan take-off. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills Experience in anticipating and resolving issues Ability to work independently and proactively Attention to detail CSI certification as a Construction Documents Technologist (CDT) Customer/Client service
Summary of Responsibilities: 1. Leadership a. Actively pursue and promote the mission of the project. b. Daily assessment of the needs of the team and the project.
2. Field Operations: Provide direct support in the efforts of the Project Manager and Superintendent
3. Project Plan: a. Actively participate in creating and updating the Project Plan. This consists of reviewing and commenting on the scope statement, submittal schedule, control schedule, risk register, quality control checklist, control estimate and cash flow. b. Participate in Consulting Group services for new projects regarding estimating, scheduling, and vendor selection
4. Communication a. Use appropriate communication at all times to all people b. Prepare for and actively participate in internal weekly action planning c. Updating, filing, and distributing the agreed upon follow through of site meetings and correspondence with the effected parties in accordance with the established company procedures. This includes internal, owner/architect and vendor meetings.
5. Schedule Control a. Use the schedule as a tool to promote proper production cadence. b. Participate in the creation of the control schedule and subsequent updates c. Thorough understanding of the submittal schedule and buyout timing. d. Participate in monthly schedule updates and presentation to owner e. Must understand how to read and use the project schedule and short interval schedules f. Maintain Schedule files and distribute to all required parties.
6. Quality Control a. Thorough knowledge of Minardos Group quality process in general and the standards that apply to the given project. b. Request for Information: Prepare drafts for distribution. Monitor and distribute RFIs to all required parties. Post status and responses. c. Submittals: i. Assist in the review, modification, and updating of all material selection and task specification schedules as approved by the project owners and/or their representatives. ii. Assist in the review and modification of all subcontractor or supplier shop drawings for conformity to architectural drawings, actual site, and field conditions. iii. Monitor and distribute submittal packages to all required parties. iv. Coordinate and verify approval by Architects and/or Designers for conformity to the Owners or their aesthetic and design requirements.
7. Document Control a. Must have an expert knowledge in all document control processes including: RFP's, Subcontracting, Purchase Orders, RFI's, Submittals, Change Notices, Schedule Notices, SK's, Architectural Supplemental Instructions (ASI's), and associated logs. b. Utilize and operate company document management software for all applicable document production and tracking with a high level of expertise. c. Set up and maintain document filing systems and logs for: Submittals; Transmittals; Correspondence; Construction Schedules; Task Schedules; Daily Job Reports; Request for Information; Vendor Change Orders; Prime Contract Change Orders. d. Set up, maintain and post changes to office plan and specification filing systems including: Working Drawing sets; Historical Drawing sets; Permit Drawing sets; Shop Drawing sets; and As-Built Drawing sets. e. Procure and file Material Safety Data Sheet records in accordance with established company Safety Procedures. f. Catalog and maintain photographic files.
8. Cost Control a. Estimating, Bidding & Buyout i. Perform quantity surveys for estimates as required for buyout. ii. Prepare, distribute and monitor bid packages (RFP's) for vendor bids. iii. Perform bid analysis on submitted vendor contract bids and change order proposals. iv. Prepare and issue subcontracts and purchase order per Minardos Group standards b. Contract Administration: i. Study each subcontract and purchase order to understand the scope of work to be performed.
ii. Cataloging and distributing change information to the effected trades for pricing and coordination of efforts. iii. Assist in the preparation, information gathering, and distribution of prime and subcontractor change order documents c. Budget and Billing Processing: i. Review and signoff on vendor invoices for conformance to budget and subcontract. ii. Assist PM and Project Accountant in tracking expenses, managing contingencies and preparing budget reports. iii. Anticipate and identify changes to the scope and communicate accordingly in order to enable prompt decision making.
9. Risk Management a. Understand the Minardos Group safety standards in order to promote a safe jobsite. b. Confirm all fully executed subcontracts and proper insurance certificate are provided prior to the subcontractor beginning work. c. Consistent knowledge of project risks and regular participation in mitigation of risks.
10. Project Closeout a. Procure and compile all subcontractor, vendor and manufacturer instructions, warranties and any other related paperwork in the site office field file for incorporation into the Operating and Maintenance Manual at the completion of work. b. During the job close out phase assist in compiling and maintaining punch list through final completion of work. c. Coordinate reduction of the project file, archiving of the project documents and scanning the appropriate documents and plans. d. Prepare close out documents for client.
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR
Apply by creating/using an account