Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SQL Database Administrator
Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance. (Interim Secret is Acceptable)
Under direct supervision, the candidate must be a well-rounded individual who has the ability to design, produce, and support business applications within Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 using SQL Server and SQL Server tools. A qualified candidate should be experienced in all aspects of the software development process and in multiple tools and technologies. Must possess excellent written and technical problem solving skills, programming and unit testing skills, good organization and communication skills, and be able to work well within a team environment.
Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues. Candidates will be expected to help shape technical documents with moderate to complex designs with minimal guidance and fully understand and utilize the appropriate tool set to solve client needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Database Administrator SQL, Junior will support the Government in systems administration. Primary focus may include the following:
• Proven experience with virtualized environments including VMware;
• Knowledge of database backup and restore and disaster recovery methodologies;
• Knowledge of SQL high availability solutions;
• Troubleshooting and resolving database issues including maintenance and performance issues;
• Knowledge in database schema, tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and indexes;
• Monitor, troubleshoot and repair software and hardware issues;
• Assist in performing security, virus and IDS/IPS tasks as necessary per standards/guidelines;
• Maintain up-to-date documentation of IT procedures, system configuration standards, maintenance and upgrades;
• Knowledge of overall networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS);
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012;
• Maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning database management system;
• Performing backups and database recovery;
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining database management system;
• Active Directory (AD) Organizational Unit (OU).
Candidate's knowledge should be sufficient to:
• Monitor and troubleshoot systems availability;
• Recover data in the event of hardware or software failure;
• Administer Microsoft SQL Server production and development databases;
• Install, configure, maintain, and support Microsoft SQL Server production and development environments.
• Understanding service pack upgrade strategies
• Disaster recovery planning experience
• Database performance tuning
• Skilled in architecting structure of database to optimize performance
• Knowledge of SQL server administration tools
• Strong TSQL skills
• Rollback of DB using backups and transaction logs to specific point in time
• Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail;
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services, is committed to quality deliverables;
• Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally;
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, makes recommendations and resolve issues.
Education and Experience:
• High-school diploma or educational equivalent is required: Diploma from a technical or vocational school or an equivalent military/DoD training;
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred;
• Work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements;
• Five (5) or more years of progressive experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support in a Windows server farm environment.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
CompTIA, Security+ ce (Desired)
CISCO, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security)
GIAC, Security Essentials Certification: (GSEC)
ISC2, System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
Higher certifications that meet IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
Applicant must also have at least one of the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 180 days from his/her start date:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), SQL Server 2012
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Server Infrastructure
• Manual dexterity – 80% to 100% of the time
• Lifting up to 25 pounds –15% of the time
• Carrying up to 25 pounds –15% of the time
• Reaching – 25% of the time
• Standing – 25% of the time
• Sitting – 50% of the time
• Walking – 25% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Systems Administrator II will provide all levels of technical support in system administration for both unclassified and classified systems on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis, as needed.
Apply by creating/using account
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company’s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status.